Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Client causes crash report on exit

I'm trying out GW2014 and on one machine the client works just fine until I close it. It appears to close fine but about 10 seconds or so after it appears closed a windows crash report ops up. I've tried a repair on the install but that hasn't helped. Has anyone else seen this? Apart for the crash report at the end (and it doesn't really look like there was a crash from my end user view) everything works fine.

Thomas
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Client causes crash report on exit

Hi Thomas,

You don't really give us an indication of what desktop OS / bit version you are seeing this on?

I have successfully run 2014, 2014 sp1, 2014 SP2 on Win 7 64 bit and never seen this issue! Perhaps answering the above will give us something to go on?

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

In article <563C53DD.E8E7.0010.1@n2b2.com>, Thomas Roberts wrote:
> I'm trying out GW2014 and on one machine the client works just fine until I close it. It appears to close

fine but about 10 seconds or so after it appears closed a windows crash report ops up.

In addition to Laura's question, does this happen for any user logged on to this one machine? Can the user for
this machine use another machine without any problem?
The usual system check basics apply as always, check if the system is running tight on RAM or disk space, run a
'Disk Cleanup' (or even use CCleaner) to clear temp files. If spinning disk then a defragment wouldn't hurt as
well.
Which build of the client is this?

Andy of
http://KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
Knowledge Partner
http://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please show your appreciation by clicking on
the star below. Thanks!

___
“i’ve sworn an oath of solitude til the blight is purged from these lands”
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sorry, I should have given more detail.

The client OS is w7 64 ultimate.
On my one other win10 enterprise 64 bit machine there is no poblem.

The GW info is:

Version 14.02 build 120664

I'l do some windows updates and see where that takes me too.

In article <563C53DD.E8E7.0010.1@n2b2.com>, Thomas Roberts wrote:

> I'm trying out GW2014 and on one machine the client works just fine until I close it. It appears to close

fine but about 10 seconds or so after it appears closed a windows crash report ops up.

In addition to Laura's question, does this happen for any user logged on to this one machine? Can the user for
this machine use another machine without any problem?
The usual system check basics apply as always, check if the system is running tight on RAM or disk space, run a
'Disk Cleanup' (or even use CCleaner) to clear temp files. If spinning disk then a defragment wouldn't hurt as
well.
Which build of the client is this?

Andy of
http://KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
Knowledge Partner
http://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please show your appreciation by clicking on
the star below. Thanks!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.