danw-mhtn Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Client closes but the process is still running

I have reports from two end users that the GroupWise client running on Windows 10, closes and will not re-open because the "process" is still running.  To solve it the process must be closed and GroupWise re-launched.  The server is running 18.1.1, the clients started at 14.2.2 and to try and solve it were updated to 18.1.1.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?  If so is there a fix?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Client closes but the process is still running

The times when we have seen this it has been due to the fact that Windows is behind on patches.  If your Windows 10 workstations are current on patches, please open an SR and request an FTF client.

Pam

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I have seen caching mode sometimes cause this over the years, where there was a lot of mail/shared folders synced and it was still processing it in the background (including the local quickfinder). But that usually would stop being an issue after it all caught up, unless they are receiving a huge amount of messages.

beyond OS patches and drivers, I'd also clear out the temp folders in-case there is something in there hooking things up.

___
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

And disable AV scanners for groupwise...

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.