Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Client crashes after upgrade

GW client version 14.0.0.25243 is crashing for my users in Citrix. This is on multiple W2003 boxes for various, but not all, users. I've collected the grpwise.rpt and grpwise.dmp files for a few users, but these files are deleted at the end of the Citrix session, so I don't have them all.

Windows event logs are mostly generic with only the faulting address sometimes changing - Event ID 1000. Faulting application grpwise.exe version 14.0.0.25243, module unknown, fault address 0x2e90ae01, 0x002eb27f, 0x8a055ef7, etc.

Users report the client just closes. Trying to pull more info from them, but it's all I have right now.

Anyone else seen any client behavior like this? Where should I go next? I don't find many client related items for GW2014 in the KB. Thanks in advance...
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Client crashes after upgrade

Update from users: actions taking place when it crashes are all over the board: opening a received email, creating a new email and clicking send, creating a new email and adding an attachment, typing reply email and changing the slide out setting to reply to all, emptying the trash folder, & working in the calendar.

Have opened an SR with Novell and will update with any progress.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.