Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Client error 'Please set up an account'

A PC running GW 8.03 prompts the user to 'Please set up an account' when they try to launch GW this morning. It's been working fine for months if not years. The GW client works fine for this user on a different PC. I've uninstalled and reinstalled GW but still get the error. I've requested CleanIt from NetMail.com but it hasn't arrived yet. Does anyone have any ideas other than run the cleaner when it arrives?

Thanks.

Keith
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Client error 'Please set up an account'

Hi Keith,

That message typically pops up when the client has been set to start in "Remote" mode instead of Caching or Online. That's what I would check first.

Perhaps this will help.... right-click the shortcut for GroupWise on the Desktop and select properties. On the line that lists what EXE the shortcut should launch, at the end add /@u-?
Save that.
Relaunch GroupWise.
If it prompts you for a password, click cancel.
This should then show the login screen which will reveal if the "Remote" mode has been selected.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

While the user is logged on to Windows, regedit and delete HKCU/Software/Novell/Groupwise/Login Parameters.
Restart the client and enter the correct online connection parameters.

HTH
Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Associate
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Laura, that was it. I should have thought to check that!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Glad that it's all fixed for you. Thanks for posting back 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.