zexec4 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Client not receiving new emails

My system is a SLES11 sp4 server with 2xXEN VMs for GW2014 & GW Mobility server respectively.

Everything has worked as expected for 18 months. Recently however, I noticed that while new incoming mail is reported and viewable on my mobile phone & iPad, the GW client on my Windows 10 is not automatically showing new mail. If I click send/receive they arrive.

I'm not aware of having changed any settings. What could be causing this?

Jerome
Labels (1)
0 Likes
10 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Client not receiving new emails

Hi Jerome,

Is your client in caching mode?

Please let us know.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
villmow Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Or with recent Redstone-Update for Windows 10, maybe the firewall got enabled again or the Groupwise exceptions are missing.
0 Likes
zexec4 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Laura,

yes client is definitely in caching mode. In fact so is my laptop which I had out onsite today and it's behaving the same way. Both the office desktop and the field laptop are Windows 10.

I will now investigate the other suggestions of firewall being enabled again, or exceptions missing.

Jerome
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Jerome,

Please let us know what happens with regards to the firewall. If that's not the cause then we need to troubleshoot further.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
zexec4 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

On the desktop at least, I'm using Bullguard security but with its firewall disabled. I prefer to use Windows' own firewall, which was on. It includes at least 2 or more exceptions for both Novell GroupWise and Novell Notify, and even after turning off the Windows firewall briefly, a test message from my gmail account arrived on my cell phone, but not in my GroupWise client until I had clicked Send / Receive.

So no lollies anyone: the problem is still there - any more suggestions or details about this Redstone-Update for Windows 10 that might have upset things - or was that only re-enabling default firewall stuff?

Thanks
Jerome
0 Likes
MarkDissington Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

I thought with caching mode you had to waiting until the client retrieving the mail based on it's internal timer (unless you manually do a send / receive as the OP is)?

I would always expect Mobility clients to be getting mail before the Caching mode clients, I often get mail delivered to my mobile devices just before the online mode clients pop it up. IIRC caching mode only checks every 10 minutes by default? I think you can increase the interval of the automatic mail checks, but mail deliver via mobility is almost instantaneous here so doing expect to get them in a caching client first.

M
0 Likes
zexec4 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Mark,
you're probably correct, but I can wait for hours and nothing shows in the client unless I do a Send/Receive. Then it will show me the incoming email that has been on my mobile for hours, and it will also show the arrival time of the email in the client as several hours ago.

Jerome
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Jerome,

Have you checked your auto send/receive options on your caching mailbox?

Click on Accounts and see if there is a tick next to auto send/retrieve. Next check your interval... Accounts | Account Options | General options | Send/retrieve interval

Please let us know.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

zexec4 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Crikey I'm a silly duffer: why did I not know there should be a tick next to 'Auto send/Retrieve'?

You've solved it for me, thanks Laura!
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Jerome,

Chuckle 😉

Glad we got it sorted for you.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.