Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Client prompts for password but dosen't need or use it

We have been using GW2014 on OES 11 sp2 for a few days without issue, but now the client is prompting for a password every time you launch it. However, it does not matter what password you use, or even if you leave it blank, as soon as you click OK it opens your mailbox. It happens with both 2012 and 2014 clients. The system is set to use edir, single sign on, and CASA. We have removed, reinstalled and tried different versions of the GW clients, NMAS, and the Novell Client without any success. The POA is not showing any errors in the GW Admin Console. Can someone point us to where we should be looking?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Client prompts for password but dosen't need or use it

jasont;2317839 wrote:
We have been using GW2014 on OES 11 sp2 for a few days without issue, but now the client is prompting for a password every time you launch it. However, it does not matter what password you use, or even if you leave it blank, as soon as you click OK it opens your mailbox. It happens with both 2012 and 2014 clients. The system is set to use edir, single sign on, and CASA. We have removed, reinstalled and tried different versions of the GW clients, NMAS, and the Novell Client without any success. The POA is not showing any errors in the GW Admin Console. Can someone point us to where we should be looking?

Could it be same as this one: https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php/476692-Microsoft-I-E-update-KB2964358?p=2317887#post2317887

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We opened a service request with Novell and received a patch that has fixed the issue.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Could you post the build version and/or bug number so it is easier to request the fix from NTS?
Was it a fix for the agents (POA) or the client? We have the problem with GW2012 clients running against GW2014 backend, so I hope it is an agent fix...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

On 13/05/2014 13:06, jasont wrote:

> What I received from Novell was a different build, it is 115660. Here is
> what they sent me, if it is OK to post. Hopefully it is still available.
> Use at your own risk as I think this is a FTF and it is for Linux.

No it isn't okay to post as Novell like to track who is using which
FTFs. Anyone using this without being advised to by Novell will not be
supported. I'm next going to delete your post.

HTH.
--
Simon
Novell Knowledge Partner

------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below. Thanks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.