Highlighted
mpweber Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Clients get "Overwrite existing work file" errors

Greetings!

After upgrading the server and clients from 8.0.3 to 2012, I am getting daily phone calls asking about GroupWise errors when they open attached PDF files.

The error dialog box has the message, "Overwrite existing work file C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\GroupWise\File1PDF with a new copy from the database?"

If the users click "Yes" the new document opens. If they click No or Cancel, it does not. If they manually delete the file, they can open one PDF without the error, but on the second one the dialog is back.

It seems to be only PDF files that are affected. Other attachments do not throw this error.

It's not a rights issue since the user can delete the file manually.

Any ideas?

Thanx!

-Michael
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Clients get "Overwrite existing work file" errors

mpweber wrote:

> It's not a rights issue since the user can delete the file manually.

What is the date/version of your 2012 client? Also, what version of Windows?
Does it happen on all Windows OS versions?

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
Upgrading to GroupWise 2012? http://www.caledonia.net/blog/?p=514
http://www.caledonia.net/gw12upg.html
0 Likes
mpweber Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Greetings!

The file is dates Feb. 10 and is version 4.25.0.0

It is the client loader that came with the 12.0.0 version of GW.

The OS we are all running is XP, SP3. (Except for e few poor souls relegated to the Windows 7 realm.)

Thanx!
0 Likes
coto Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Exact same thing has happened to me. I contacted Novell support and they tested the exact same thing even on their beta of the next service pack, and the error is still there. I have been told that it is a bug and there is nothing I can do about it until the next update.
0 Likes
mpweber Absent Member.
Absent Member.

That's discouraging. Anyone else have better news?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.