Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Clients not logging after upgrade to 2.0

I just performed the upgrade to GMS 2.0 and it seemed to go perfectly. Agents are running, all settings seem to have come over and look correct. However, clients are failing to log in -- either a 'password is incorrect' or 'couldn't open connection to server'. Since the server looks right, I'm not sure how to start troubleshooting. Any suggestions?

-Farren
Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Clients not logging after upgrade to 2.0

NorthWind wrote:

>
> I just performed the upgrade to GMS 2.0 and it seemed to go perfectly. Agents
> are running, all settings seem to have come over and look correct. However,
> clients are failing to log in -- either a 'password is incorrect' or 'couldn't
> open connection to server'. Since the server looks right, I'm not sure how to
> start troubleshooting. Any suggestions?
>
> -Farren

Go to your Dashboard, and in the middle pane click on devices - do the devices
all look okay?

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
GroupWise Mobility Service 2.0 Guide - http://bit.ly/1cv13RE

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, the client devices all look normal. I did a re-sync on one user (mine) and have been unable to re-add any clients back. When I try to add a client, I get the 'couldn't open connection to server'. Clients that haven't been reset are getting the invalid password error.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

NorthWind wrote:

> Yes, the client devices all look normal. I did a re-sync on one user (mine)
> and have been unable to re-add any clients back. When I try to add a client, I
> get the 'couldn't open connection to server'. Clients that haven't been reset
> are getting the invalid password error.

Probably time to open an SR.

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
GroupWise Mobility Service 2.0 Guide - http://bit.ly/1cv13RE

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I did an update to my test server today and I noticed that it made a copy of my godaddy cert and installed its own self signed cert. Because of this I couldn't connect to the server using its FQDN, I could only connect to the server using the IP address. I went it and renamed the "new" mobility.cer to mobility.cer.bak and then renamed my godaddy cert back to mobility.cer. Restarted the services and then my phone would connect using the FQDN. iPhone 5 running 7.04 in case you wanted to know.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Interesting, usually we do not touch certs if we see that it is no a self-signed. We will only replace previous self-signed certs and if they do not have a minimum of the required 2048 bit.
Do you use the godaddy for webadmin and for devices ? I wonder if your server still used the self signed and the device the godaddy so we assumed both a self signed. Just an idea.

- Kai
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.