Highlighted
zoltek Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ConsoleOne ADMIN password lost! [hosto reset or recover]

Like in title..

Our previous administrator left the job from day to day and gave us the password for the "admin" account.
For the first time in my life I encounter Groupwise, and completely do not know the configuration.
Is there a chance to modify your password or recover?

System: GW8 on SLES10.

ldapsearch shows:

NCPKeyMaterialName: SSL CertificateDNS
dsRevision: 2021683
Version: eDirectory for Linux v8.8 SP3 [DS]
objectClass: ncpServer
objectClass: Server
objectClass: Top

# admin,corp
dn: cn = admin, o = corp
mail: admin @ xxxxxx
uid: admin
messageServer: cn = xxxxxx, o = corp
sn: admin
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: OrganizationalPerson
objectClass: Person
objectClass: ndsLoginProperties
objectClass: Top
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
zoltek Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ConsoleOne ADMIN password lost! [hosto reset or recover]

Enyone ?! 😕
Please!
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: ConsoleOne ADMIN password lost! [hosto reset or recover]

Hi,

I am not sure of a way to reset the eDirectory password for admin. Perhaps you will need to open a Service Request with Novell Technical Support. I am sure that they can do a remote session and assist you.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.