Highlighted
nobenhoffer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ConsoleOne Errors

I've looked all over, but I can't find the answer to my problem. I am testing Windows 7 now and I need to get ConsoleOne working correctly. I have the newest Novell Client 2 SP1 installed, and the newest version of ConsoleOne that came with GW SP1. After installing the Groupwise snapins, everything is fine until I turn File Caching off. Once File Caching is off, it will no longer connect to the GW DB that was mapped previously and worked fine. If I turn file caching back on and restart C1, everything is fine again. Has anyone else seen this problem before and maybe have a solution for it?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
13 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ConsoleOne Errors

nobenhoffer,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:

- Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/or check all
the other self support options and support programs available.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the
correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies
and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Are you saying that it cannot connect to the GW domain even if you expressly point to it with Select Domain option?
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Yes, it works fine before I make the setting change. After, it says: Database Error: Error opening Groupwise domain database file.
0 Likes
sselaya
New Member.

We are running into the same issue. We have normally turned off File Caching as we had slowness issues with accessing netware file servers. If I turn File Caching back on, I can connect to the GW domain database. Were you able to get a resoution on this?

nobenhoffer;1937016 wrote:
Yes, it works fine before I make the setting change. After, it says: Database Error: Error opening Groupwise domain database file.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

This error was reported to me yesterday. I exchanged some emails with the person having this issue but was not able to verify some of the details. One thing he found (that I don't recommend, but it might work for testing) is if he copied the wpdomain.db file to the local PC and connected to it, the database opened just fine.

I *think* he's running Win7. Not sure about File Caching settings nor his specific version of the snapins. He states they are 8.0.1hp1. Also not sure about the C1 version. I'll update once I can connect to his PC and do some testing.

Aaron
0 Likes
Absent Member.

I think I found the issue and it's related to the Novell Client 2 SP1 for Win7/Vista.

The techs who cannot connect to the domain database are using this version of the client. Those who don't have a problem are using a pre-SP1 client. All are using Win7 OS, C1 v1.3.6h, and GW8.0.1hp1 snapins.

As stated before, enabling File Caching will fix this. Interestingly, the domain the techs were trying to connect to does not have File Caching enabled on the server side. Yet enabling this on the client side made it work.

So I'd say either enable File Caching or roll the Novell Client back to pre-SP1 and it should work.

HTH,
Aaron
0 Likes
Absent Member.

I was getting random errors when I leave File caching off with things being locked. It is not useable that way. I'd also like to avoid using the older client because that brings up new problems tricking c1 into working. The newest client is the one made for Win7. There needs to be an easier way to do this.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

nobenhoffer;1951893 wrote:
I was getting random errors when I leave File caching off with things being locked. It is not useable that way.

Great! Since turning File Caching On is the workaround I (and another poster) found to work, you should be all set.

nobenhoffer;1951893 wrote:
I'd also like to avoid using the older client because that brings up new problems tricking c1 into working. The newest client is the one made for Win7. There needs to be an easier way to do this.

I only offered this as a workaround. Not a fix. Novell will have to provide a fix in either NC for Win7 SP1 or updated C1-GW snapins. This seems to be a new problem and having a way to make it work is better than nothing.

Since it only affects C1, you'd only need to roll back PCs from where you are running C1. I assume this is not a lot of machines as it is in most environments.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

I'm sorry, I mistyped that part. I meant when I turn File Caching On I have issues.

Also, I do appreciate the tip for the workaround, but I was just hoping for an actual solution.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

I would highly recommend you open a service request with Novell to report this issue. That is how it will get fixed. Any bug report related SRs are "no charge" (assuming it is an undocumented defect which this one appears to be.

Just a thought.
0 Likes
sselaya
New Member.

I noticed that this is still an issue in the FTF download of the client. Anyone know if this has been reported yet?

jgrubbs;1951963 wrote:
I would highly recommend you open a service request with Novell to report this issue. That is how it will get fixed. Any bug report related SRs are "no charge" (assuming it is an undocumented defect which this one appears to be.

Just a thought.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.