Highlighted
sselaya
New Member.

Re: ConsoleOne Errors

I went ahead and submitted a bug on this. Unfortunately, even though I described this as an issue with the Client for Windows 7 SP1, so far the tech has only had me verifying and rebuilding domain databases. I told him again that this is only an issue with machines running the Windows 7 client so hopefully we can move past problems with domain databases that do not exist.

What I am seeing in the network trace is a Completion Code 128 (0x8980) Lock Fail when trying to attach to the domain database. From what I can tell, as long as I am the first person to connect to a domain it will let me (with File caching turned off). If I connect to another domain and then connect back to the original domain I get the same error and cannot reconnect. Looking at the NetWare console I see that I still had the database open. I was hoping that since IR1 of the Windows 7 client that just came out would fix this since it also fixed file lock issues with Access databases but unfortunately not.

If I turn file caching on I have run into issues with managing groupwise objects especially if I rebuild domain or po databases and send them to the server. I normally send the rebuilds to my local drive because that is faster so I guess I will continue to do that to avoid blue screens on the novell file caching dll.
0 Likes
jkillebrew Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ConsoleOne Errors

Please keep us posted on what you find out. I am also having the same issue, cannot connect to the primary domain with file caching off, but other domains seem to work.

The only reason I turned file caching off is the warning console one displays if you have file caching on and/or file commit off.

I'm using console and snapins as provided with Groupwise 8.0.1 HP1 and Windows 7 fully updated using Client 2 SP1 for Windows 7.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.