Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
bmbwk
New Member.

Contact pictures

Hi,

I just synced the contacts from a WindowsMobile 6.5 (Samsung Omnia II) device to groupwise. Most of the contacts show in my GroupWise addressbook, but the the contacts that had a picture set in WindowsMobile don't show. The contacts got automatically synced to my Android 2.1 device (Samsung Galaxy S), here the contacts with pictures show up, even with the picture set!

What do I have to do to see those contacts in GroupWise?

thanks, Michi
Labels (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Contact pictures

bmbwk <bmbwk@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just synced the contacts from a WindowsMobile 6.5 (Samsung Omnia II)
> device to groupwise. Most of the contacts show in my GroupWise
> addressbook, but the the contacts that had a picture set in
> WindowsMobile don't show. The contacts got automatically synced to my
> Android 2.1 device (Samsung Galaxy S), here the contacts with pictures
> show up, even with the picture set!
>
> What do I have to do to see those contacts in GroupWise?
>
> thanks, Michi
>

It works for the iPhone, so I guess I need to see if there is a
difference with WinMobile.

--
Danita - http://www.caledonia.net/blog
0 Likes
anthompson Absent Member.
Absent Member.

bmbwk;2010989 wrote:
Hi,

I just synced the contacts from a WindowsMobile 6.5 (Samsung Omnia II) device to groupwise. Most of the contacts show in my GroupWise addressbook, but the the contacts that had a picture set in WindowsMobile don't show. The contacts got automatically synced to my Android 2.1 device (Samsung Galaxy S), here the contacts with pictures show up, even with the picture set!

What do I have to do to see those contacts in GroupWise?

thanks, Michi

I have tested this myself with the HTC HD2 running Windows Mobile 6.5 and I'm seeing the same thing that you're seeing. I'm writing up a bug about this for further consideration. Something else I noticed as I tested it that there were different results depending on where I got the picture for a given contact. For example, if I created a contact with a picture that I took with the camera of the phone the contact wouldn't show up in GW but did show up on the android device that I was using (HTC EVO) just like you said. However if I linked that contact with the facebook profile picture of the contact, the contact would show up in GW but DID NOT have the picture on the contact in GW. Why don't you try that and let me know if you see the same thing. In the meantime I'm creating a bug about this.

Adam Thompson
Novell QA Team
0 Likes
bahdah Absent Member.
Absent Member.

when i sync contacts from my htc hd2 to gw, the pictures show up in gw, when set with file browse.

using camera does't work for me either. the contacts won't show in gw. when you change the picture of an already synced contact by using the camera, the picture won't change in gw.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

bahdah <bahdah@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:
> when i sync contacts from my htc hd2 to gw, the pictures show up in
> gw,
> when set with file browse.
>
> using camera does't work for me either. the contacts won't show in gw.
> when you change the picture of an already synced contact by using the
> camera, the picture won't change in gw.
>

I'm seeing the same problem where photos changed on Apple devices do not
sync back to GW.

--
Danita - http://www.caledonia.net/blog
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.

There is a known issue with the GW Connector about this issue. However there are restraints in GW that only allow a max photo size of 2K. So it's not necessarily a bug, It could just be WAD with those restraints. We're in the process of determining if that is what is going on here. Please look a little closer at your contacts and see if all the contacts with photos that aren't syncning have photos larger than 2K. It's likely they do, since that's pretty small.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

anthompson;2014035 wrote:
There is a known issue with the GW Connector about this issue. However there are restraints in GW that only allow a max photo size of 2K. So it's not necessarily a bug, It could just be WAD with those restraints. We're in the process of determining if that is what is going on here. Please look a little closer at your contacts and see if all the contacts with photos that aren't syncning have photos larger than 2K. It's likely they do, since that's pretty small.

Additional Note:
The best thing you could do would be to enable debug-verbose logging on the GroupWise connector, restart the connector, then create a new contact on the device with a photo and look to see if you see this error: "The image size is too large". Please try that and if you get that error that we'll know that it's the same error that we've known about.
0 Likes
bahdah Absent Member.
Absent Member.

just checked your additional note.

set gw connector log level to debug and verbose
restarted the connector
created a new contact with a picture taken with camera
checked the default.pipeline1.groupwise.log for "The image size is too large"

(Un)fortunately the error didn't show up in the log file.

I don't know if pictures are handled different when using a camera or the file browser.
0 Likes
bodegardpb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We get the same error and the contacts will not sync from the phone to the GW address book, but appear to sync between devices:
status =
(Status){
code = 59930
description = "The image size is too large."
}

This occurs when creating a new contact or updating a contact with a photo from the camera. We get the same results and have tested with the HTC EVO 4G, iPhone 3G, and HTC Touch Pro 2
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.