mbrady Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Contacts not syncing at all

Hi,

Just did an install of the 5.5.2010 build on a FRESH box. Waited a while for all the users to sync up. Once they were green in the monitor, I went ahead and setup my account on my Incredible. Mail and calendar have synced just fine, but I have zero contacts. I did an install of this same build last week, and it worked fine. The only reason I re-did it today is that I received a new device, and it didn't want to sync to the server. iPod touch seems to be doing the same thing. So it appears that I didn't get any contacts with this install. Just giving feedback. Until this problem, we haven't had many.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
mbrady Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Contacts not syncing at all

I reverted my VM snapshot to the "fresh install" state (before Mobility Pack), and then did an install of Mobility. Same result - not getting any contacts. Weird.
0 Likes
jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

On Tue, 11 May 2010 20:36:03 +0000, mbrady wrote:

> I reverted my VM snapshot to the "fresh install" state (before Mobility
> Pack), and then did an install of Mobility. Same result - not getting
> any contacts. Weird.

I've had that problem with two different Incredibles (including mine)
with the latest build. If you go into the sync settings on the phone and
disable e-mail and calendar, then perform a sync, now suddenly all the
contacts should come across. You can then reenable e-mail and calendar
though I haven't tested yet if new contacts sync now or not.

BTW, to make sure this is the issue, before trying anything go into the
monitor settings of the Mobility connector and verify that you have a
number of contacts pending sync. Assuming you do, then the steps above
should hopefully get things working.

--
Joe
With great power comes great responsibility.

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
mbrady Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Joe. I didn't have any contacts pending, so I don't think it was a device side issue. They also weren't showing up on my iPod. I ended up exporting my address book to a file, deleting all contacts, then re-importing. Everything showed up shortly after doing that. This might actually be a good way to "normalize" the address book data for users that have been around a long a time. Could have been a old schema extension, or bad data, etc....
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.