Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Create Tasklist items w/o setting dates

I'm running GW 2014 SP2 (not R2) and do not see a way to create Tasks without start and end dates. Is there a way to just create a basic Task that you can checkoff without giving it a start/end date in R2 or SP2 (in case I missed it)? I see where you can create Quick tasks from items in R2, but can you also create a Quick task (not from an item) in the Task folder and NOT assign a start/end date to it? Our users would really just like to create basic checkoff tasks in the Tasklist folder without dates.

Thanks,
Brad
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Create Tasklist items w/o setting dates

Hi Brad,

Would you or your users mind creating a new 'sticky note' in the tasklist folder? I believe that would create a new task they can check off, without setting any kind of due date.

Shane Nielson Kind of alright at doing stuff with the computer thing
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Create Tasklist items w/o setting dates

Hi Shane, and thanks for your response. We can make that work - just would like a way to use the Tasklist Tasks to create. It would also be nice to have an actual checkbox to check off tasks or at least be able to right-click and choose complete. I'm not sure if that's an option in R2 or not - if not I may add it to the Ideas Portal.

Thanks,
Brad
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.