Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
ahennessy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Creating External Distribution lists

Good morning all,

I know that there have been a number of documents over the various versions of GroupWise in relation to creating a distribution list containing external users.

We have a group of board members(40) all with different email add5resses and using different service providers.

As the board members change we are changing an exported address book and requesting users to re-import the new list. etc.

Ideally I would like to be able to set this up centrally and users do not have to constantly modify address books themselves.

These accounts are not internal to the organisation and do not consume GW licences, the puspose of this list is only to create a series of distribution lists based on committeee memberships etc..

We are on GW 2014 R2 running on SLES.

can anyone please point me to a definitive TID or other document which will achieve this.?

Thanks

Anthony
Labels (1)
0 Likes
9 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Creating External Distribution lists

Hi Anthony,

Perhaps this documentation will assist you: https://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise2014r2/gw2014_guide_admin/data/b19fbt58.html

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yep - pretty much same old same old - a slightly different interface . . . .
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Dantia,

Whilst it is a slightly different interface.... I was pleasantly surprised to finally see this procedure included in the official documentation for the product. In the past, as far as I can recall, we had to rely on somewhat outdated and incomplete TID's. Nice progress from the doc writers 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I think those doc writers are trying to put me out of a job - hehe.
0 Likes
ahennessy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

laura,

I have successfully managed to set up the external list. It is much easier in GW2014R2 that in the previous versions we've used (GW5 through to today). The KEY to doing this is to make sure that the "Internet Domain name" AND "Preferred Address Format" override is selected.

Just one last thing How or where can I allow their postal address and phone details to appear in the GroupWise Address book? I can't see columns when I go to add columns?

Thanks

Anthony
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Anthony,

If you open up an external user in the GroupWise Admin Console, click on the General tab, and I'd imagine that you can fill in their information there.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
ahennessy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

laurabuckley;2425422 wrote:
Hi Anthony,

If you open up an external user in the GroupWise Admin Console, click on the General tab, and I'd imagine that you can fill in their information there.

Cheers,

Hi Laura,

Yes I can enter the details in the General Tab. BUT they don't show up in the columns available in the client addressbook?

It's not the end of the world but would be convenient.

Thanks again.

Anthony
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Anthony,

Ok - I see what you mean. Let me play around with this for a bit and I'll get back to you.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Anthony,

Well, I've got some information populating from my external user into my system address book, but not all of it! Which fields, in particular, are you needing/wanting?

Please let us know,

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.