Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
bponscorsica Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Critical Security Component wasn't loaded by Groupwise

Hi,
We've freshly migrated our Groupwise 2014 to 18.0.2 and I've installed Groupwise client 18.0.2 version 131493 (French version) and I'm experiencing some issues displaying emails, only first email of a conversation is displayed and all others are showing only an error message which is : Critical Security Component wasn't loaded by Groupwise (I'm translating because in French it is "Un composant de sécurité critique n'a pas pu être chargé par GroupWise".
I don't know what I've missed or how to solve, thanks for help!
Labels (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Critical Security Component wasn't loaded by Groupwise

Hi,

First, try this to see the emails: Tools | Options | Environment | General tab | remove the tick by Enable Conversation Threading

That should at least get you seeing the emails.

Second, might assist you to open a service request and get the latest FTF build of the 18.0.2 client.

Just be aware that your freshly migrated GroupWise system is outdated as GroupWise 18.1, a major version release, was shipped on 31 October 2018 - just letting you know.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
jesullivan Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Did you discover what was causing the client error? I've got two users who are getting the same thing. One user has uninstalled and then reinstalled the client to no avail. This is with GW18.1.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Personally I have not seen this error and therefore do not know an exact fix for it. I can, however, makes recommendations for troubleshooting... ensure that IE 11 is installed on the computer and up to date, and then reset the IE options back to default. See if that makes a difference.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
bponscorsica Absent Member.
Absent Member.

laurabuckley;2496686 wrote:
Hi,

Personally I have not seen this error and therefore do not know an exact fix for it. I can, however, makes recommendations for troubleshooting... ensure that IE 11 is installed on the computer and up to date, and then reset the IE options back to default. See if that makes a difference.

Cheers,

No I didn't and neither the support, I rolled back to GW 2014 client...
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

One of the affected users already had the latest version of IE11. I reset her settings and restarted the pc. It didn't help. For now they have turned off conversation threading.
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

That wasn't what I was hoping to hear. Lol! Thanks for letting me know. In the meantime I've had the users turn off conversation threading.
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Any other suggestions on how to correct this issue?

Thanks
Jeremy
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.