jakubgorecki Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Customize New Email Window Globally

guys,

We run GW2014. In GW2012 the attach file was on the top. The new client shows "add attachment" at the bottom. Some users don't see it. Is there a way to move it up? Or, any way to customize the top bar to include the "attach file" button to all users on the top bar? And also, the same applies to the Format Bar in new emails. The formatting bar appears at the bottom. How do I get it up to the top bar? Thank you.

Jakub

Some settings could be set via roaming profile, I but I can't find these to to be set there.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
buckesfeld Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Customize New Email Window Globally

Jakub,

can't be done, sorry.
I sent my users a mail, telling them what changed and pointing them to the usual "What's new in Groupwise 2014" section in the manual.

Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Partner
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
0 Likes
hchun Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Just curious, what do we lose by using the 2012 client running against the 2014sp2 post office? I too have users resistant to change.
Herbert
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Herbert

Here's the documentation on what is new in the GroupWise 2014 client: https://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise2014/gw2014_guide_install/data/b17s2vx7.html#b1evrtbp

Having said this, ultimately this comes down to a user training issue. When ever we roll out a new version of the client, before it hits the users computers, we do road-shows across all departments - 1 hour sessions going through the new look and feel, new features, as well as a refresher on things that users normally get wrong like making changes to an appointment. I implemented these road-shows 10 years ago when I started with my current employer. Since taking the time and effort doing this we've had nearly zero backlash against changes in the client. Change management needs to include user education.

Just my two cents worth.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
buckesfeld Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Herbert,

you don't lose anything, except for the new features in the 2014 client, of course. And support, sooner or later (I don't know the EOL date for 2012 out of my head).

Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Partner
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.