ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Customized Global signature

Hi,

we are looking for a tool / app that is integrated with Groupwise 18 and allows to create individual, customized signatures that are automatically added to an email based on the users department, group, title, or similar.

Avansys used to have such a tool fro GW 7 / 8

It was possible to create signatures pulling individual user data like name, phone, department, etc. from a directory and then create a custom signature based various criteria.

For example based on a certain date or schedule. Or adding pictures based on the apartment, etc.

This would be a great marekting / sales tool for us, but so fare I can't find that.

And the global signatures included with GW 18 are really not very good.

Thanks for any hint / tip / etc.

b.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I still use Advansys/Formativ apps with GW18.3!

Diethmar Rimser
This community is more powerful if you use Likes and Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@brucepottgh 

Hi,

See the section on Global Signature Templates in this doc:

https://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise18/gw18_readme/data/gw18_readme.html#gw182

Further to that, if you have either Enterprise Messaging or Mailbox Management licenses you can manage personal signatures.

Cheers,

Laura

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

oh, wow. 

i have been told it does not work with GW 14 and above.

will have a look

thanks

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Thanks for the reply.

We are already working with this variables, but this tool is far too simple and not flexible at all.

I will have a look at the Enterprise messaging however.

Thanks for the hint

b

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I still use one of these apps to export appointments into Excel now for years. Nothing has changed in all these years 👍

Maybe address book apps will have a problem because Gw18 does not use old MAPI.

Diethmar Rimser
This community is more powerful if you use Likes and Solutions
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.