Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

DKIM on GW 18

Looking to establish DKIM and DMARC on my GroupWise system.  Doing some reading and was surprised to see that GroupWise 18 does not natively support DKIM.

Is it really necessary to buy another software suite in order to have DKIM functionality? 

I have other third-party platforms that I like that perform all of my other email security for me, so I'd rather not buy another product.

Thanks

0 Likes
12 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@bkesting Hi

The functionality is in Secure Messaging Gateway (SMG) which you can either purchase a license for just this product, or, if you have Enterprise Messaging then it's included with that.

Cheers,

Laura

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

It is disappointing that that functionality isn't native to the GWIA.

I have a small setup, where everything (outside of GMS) resides on one SLES server. Can this gateway also reside on that box?

0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

The gateway is a small appliance. Easy to maIntain
0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Thanks.

But it is another virtual machine I have to maintain (or a hosted service I have to subscribe to).

Is there a rough estimate on what pricing is per mailbox? Like I've noted above, I already have a third-party platform I really like that performs spam/virus/message filtering for me, I don't know that I want to give that up for message gateway.

Thanks
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

@bkesting wrote:
Is there a rough estimate on what pricing is per mailbox? Like I've noted above, I already have a third-party platform I really like that performs spam/virus/message filtering for me, I don't know that I want to give that up for message gateway.

SMG is also available as a subscription from Micro Focus. It runs in the cloud and cost is based on the number of mailboxes you need. You should consult your reseller for pricing.

IMO, it doesn't make much sense to use SMG only for the DKIM feature so you will have to determine whether SMG or your current third party solution is better suited to your needs. 

_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Thanks.

What is your experience with SMG? How well does it work?
0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

For me it works pretty good. Tuning your policies is the most work.
There are always things that should be better, but that goes for all
products.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

@bkesting wrote:
What is your experience with SMG? How well does it work?

Have a look at the SMG User Discussions forum. If you have specific questions you can ask there.

I have a customer who has been using GWAVA/SMG for 10+ years. About five years ago they switched to the SMG cloud service which provides inbound/outbound SMTP scanning. We are bringing SMG back in-house to take advantage of additional features, for example, scanning at the MTA and scanning the post office. The customer has been very happy with the product.

_____
0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Yeah, I've started to browse that forum.

I currently use ProofPoint for my email security. I like that it is cloud-based, so if I have an internet outage, it still collects my messages in an "emergency mailbox" that is still accessible (and usable). Does SMG have a similar feature?

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

@bkesting wrote:

I currently use ProofPoint for my email security. I like that it is cloud-based, so if I have an internet outage, it still collects my messages in an "emergency mailbox" that is still accessible (and usable). Does SMG have a similar feature?

When the SMG cloud service receives an incoming email it checks to see if your SMTP server is available. If it is not, SMG won't accept the incoming email. So, no, it doesn't provide a spooling capability but you can accomplish the same thing by using any spooling service, perhaps one available from your ISP or DNS provider. You setup multiple MX records such that if SMG is unavailable email will be delivered to your spooling service which will then deliver the email to SMG when it becomes available or you can have SMG deliver your email to the spooling service which in turn will deliver it to your SMTP server when it becomes available.

The SMG cloud service has multiple instances available. You setup MX records for each instance which mitigates the risk of a particular instance being unavailable.

_____
Knowledge Partner

@bkesting 

Maybe you'd like to up-vote this GroupWise Idea?

DKIM indispensable and urgent.

_____
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.