Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

DVA Problem?

Ok. Upgrade from 2012 on Linux seemed to work smoothly. I must have a functional DVA because it renders Word files and Excel files. Appears to be properly linked to POA Agent. However, DVA will not render tif attachments. Is this by design? Do I need to modify settings to view tif files? Most of time users get faxes forwarded as tif attachments and need to view them.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: DVA Problem?

Just an update. Install did not create a gwdva.dva file as required. I manually created one. Got the console to respond at port 8301. Now in process of watching DIAGNOSTIC logs to see if anything can be pinpointed. Word and Excel files render very fast now with gwdva.dva file in existence, and tif files prompt users to open with acrobat or other default program. So progress is being made.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If there is a problem in the gwha.conf the DVA might not get configured. I don't know whether TIFF files are supposed to be "rendered" because generally graphics files are not. But if you're still having trouble, I'll try to track that down!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

I've just run a test... sent myself a TIF file and clicked on "view"... it still prompted to open in a graphic viewer program. I'll do some more testing.....

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I think it's expected that types of files generally available for viewing in the browser should not be rendered. For example, PDFs usually either get shown by the browser PDF viewer, or you are asked to open in a program. While some browsers will automatically show these in the browser window, it depends on the configuration, and not all users will see the same thing. For example, on my own Mac, I get different results trying to view a PDF. Safari shows it in the browser, and Firefox asks if I want to open it in Acrobat. But the DVA won't render them for WebAccess regardless, I don't think!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Danita,

My testing backs up your conclusions. Thanks for that 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Laura and Danita. ... Checking my system, gwha.conf shows no apparent problems, and since I manually created the gwdva.dva file, the gwdva seems to be working as intended. In just about every browser tested and on multiple machines there is a prompt for a program to open the tif. [Windows 8.1 launches some app to do it.] Without the gwdva.dva file, the only option given to the user was to save the tif as a download. Diagnostic logs are showing no functional errors. So ... I we can close this whodunit.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks Danita/Laura

--
My computer used to beat me at chess all the time, but then I changed the competition to kick boxing.......
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.