Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

DVA SSL enabling is not functioning

Jump to solution

Trying to bring up GW Web on GW 18.3 on OES2018.  Server is an all-in-one for my small company - with Domain, PO, previously WebAccess and now GW Web all on the same box that has been upgraded for many years from earlier versions. 

Several things are working, but a couple are not.  One of them is enabling SSL on the DVA.  I have tried following @ 's terrifically detailed article on this in Open Horizons magazine a couple times but the net effect the POA Web Console | Configuration | Document Viewer Agent shows the DVA is configured for SSL but offline.  If I browse to port 8301, I am challenged in several browsers with the response SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG  in Firefox and similar in Chrome, Edge.

I have also tried pointing the container.dva entries at the LetsEncrypt public cert that the GW Web Docker is happy to use but with no luck.  Have also tried the self signed certs that the POA uses also without success. 

Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong would be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Did you see this?

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/GroupWise-User-Discussions/GWDVA-SSL-setup/td-p/2772172

Diethmar Rimser
This community is more powerful if you use Likes and Solutions

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@PeterMacSF 

If you are able to log a service request, please do.

There could be a learning for everyone in this.

Thanks

Tarik

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

@PeterMacSF 

I assume Peter, that rcgrpwise status shows that gwdva is up and running, right?

Diethmar Rimser
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Did you see this?

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/GroupWise-User-Discussions/GWDVA-SSL-setup/td-p/2772172

Diethmar Rimser

View solution in original post

Knowledge Partner

Copying the certifcates to a suitable location including conversion to pem will be the solution for you.

Diethmar Rimser
0 Likes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Thank you.  I spent many hours in a session with @bworkman yesterday trying to resolve the other problem I am having which is that we can't log in to GW Web if the GW user is authenticating to Edirectory.  An "dissociated" user can login in - we created one and he logged in with it from his house. All of our "Associated" users however, including me, are generating DSTrace error of -5875 when we attempt to use GW Web.  This despite the fact that all of our GW desktop clients authenticate to the tree, GMS, Zen, and Vibe are authenticating via LDAP and the GW Admin console has no problem when we tested LDAP authentication through it.  There's something special going on with GW Web.

Unfortunately all the Edirectory staff were gone for New Years when I posted a followup SR with them.

It's been quite the learning experience.

0 Likes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Yes.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Hi Peter,

if you're on GW18.3 then there can pop up a problem with LDAPS. I have an open SR for this - if your LDAP connection is configured via SSL then you can run into this problem (however I have other environments using LDAPS without issues). So if you are on LDAPS try to connect to eDirectory without SSL (389). Maybe you have success and a temporary solution ...

(I love @bworkman 's MicroFocus videos)

Diethmar Rimser
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.