Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Data Sync Issues

Also, with Nokias, it might help to delete the profile, remove the cert from the phone, set the phone offline, re-create the profile and only after that put the phone back online and do initial sync.

Just did this myself yesterday after almost throwing one e71 to a wall which even refused to try syncing and that fixed both issues...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HI MikaA,

Thanks for that.

Hey All,

Another update....OK its been about three weeks since the rebuild and I am happy to say things have been working well, except 1 issue, but we will get to that! The users have experienced no issues with regards to syncing down from the server and up to the server. We have all also noted that the sync rate has improved drastically (boardering on instantly). Some users are getting the email and notifications to their phone first before they get it to their Groupwise. We are all very happy about the rebuild, yes it took about a hour for the rebuild (virtual environment and done by a Novell tech logging into my machine) but none the less it resolved all of our issues. The only down side I would put to it is the re-adding of all the users back into the Database, and waiting for the sync from Groupwise to the Datasync server to finish(at least thats what I think is happening given the sync status bar that first needs to complete before data is pushed to the devices.)

Yes its not the fastest way to resolve Datasync issues but it sure worked, and is not a complicated process (from what i saw as the tech was working away). It resolved all the issues that we were facing.

Now for the Nokia's...thoise E71's just do not want to give it up, some of the users on the E71 were complaining about duplicaiton of contacts after the rebuild and some E71's just did not want to sync. It got to the stage where I had to remove the account and the Exchange app and re-add it all (a bit extreme i know but it worked after) and after removing accounts and readding them for the nokia's they finally started syncing and thow some of them made me almost throw the thing out of the office window, all I could do was calm down and start from over. I also found that the nokia suite for he E71 was installed on the users machines that where experiencing the duplication issue, I think there is were the problem is???

Also a heads up to Iphone users, I found IOS 5 (icloud) specifically, causes duplications of the users contacts if they are pushing up to the could, but the duplications occur on the phone which inturn duplicates to the users groupwise. I stoped this by turning contacts sync off in the icloud settings.

Hopefully this will be the last datasync issues we face.

Thanks again to all for their Help.

Rudi
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I spoke to soon...

Last friday (October 28 2011), after work ended, the Datasync server decided to send gibberish to all Iphone users and in some of those emails send other users emails? This was not happening for all datasync users just Iphone based Datasync users. Below is a list of troubleshooting tips that I tried, but to no avail.

1. Restart the datasync server but through the web tool.
2. Remove and Re-add the user account on the Iphone.
3. Resync the Device from the Datasync server.
4. Reinitialize the user.

Only after restarting the server itself was there any improvement. After the restart I noted that those gibberish emails where not seeming to come through any more (still in testing). My fear is that I do not know what happend and or how this happend and if it will happen again?

I opened up a service request with Novell and after waiting three days for a productive reply i was told to install a patch, that will be run tonight and I will let every one know what the out come is.

Has this happened to any one before? I have a screenshot from a Iphone if anyone is interested (I dont know how to add it to this post,lol)

Any help will be greatly appreciated
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yep the patched work (Novell Data Synchronizer Mobility Pack 1.2 Patch File 1), after the install of the patch there has been no more gibberish emails and most importantly no more users receiving other users emails.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

rudigreeff;2143298 wrote:
Hi all,

So after a rebuild and reinstall of Datasync and adding in all the users, hey presto, things are working much better.

Hi Rudi,

What do you mean with rebuild? Is that a postgresql/datasync rebuild or GW POA rebuild? If the first, I'm eager to get info on how to do that!

Another thing I'm thinking of, if it's a datasync rebuild you're mentioning: wouldn't the re-install and re-add be like start from scratch - thus no need for datasync rebuild?? (of course if you're talking about GW rebuild, that gives a totally different picture 🙂

Thanks also for adding updates on how things went after the updates and the new experiences 😉

Patrick Frontéri # GroupWiseR of Norway # Active part of the OpenHorizons and NetworkPartners.no Collaboration
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.