Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Data Sync Issues

Hi to all,

Im looking for some help on a couple of issues withData Synchronizer, thanks in advance for your help.

1. Data Synchronizer V1.2 Build 579, Groupwise 8

First issue im facing is that some users have issues syncing, for some their email's come through ok but thier calendars arnt up to date and are not updating to their groupwise. (this is happening for some users who have the same model phone inc. software and firmware but other people using the same phone same software and firmware dont have any issues).

For some users, a duplication of contact and calendar events is occuring. This is happening accross platform, ie Nokia, Samsung and Iphone, some times removing them from the groupwsie connector and then the mobility connector then adding them back in that order seems to help but is not a logical fix for over 150 users.

And finally today some users are only getting two emails synced to their phones. I have tested with different phones and using different accounts but still the same result.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you

Rudi
Labels (1)
0 Likes
16 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Data Sync Issues

Hi,

I had some similar problems and I found that by making the phone
automatically sync every 15/30 minutes the calendar and mails synced
perfectly. (This was mainly users with large calendars)

Good luck
John

>>> On 19 September 2011 at 06:16, in message

<rudigreeff.50ankn@no-mx.forums.novell.com>,
rudigreeff<rudigreeff@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

> Hi to all,
>
> Im looking for some help on a couple of issues withData Synchronizer,
> thanks in advance for your help.
>
> 1. Data Synchronizer V1.2 Build 579, Groupwise 8
>
> First issue im facing is that some users have issues syncing, for some
> their email's come through ok but thier calendars arnt up to date and
> are not updating to their groupwise. (this is happening for some users
> who have the same model phone inc. software and firmware but other
> people using the same phone same software and firmware dont have any
> issues).
>
> For some users, a duplication of contact and calendar events is
> occuring. This is happening accross platform, ie Nokia, Samsung and
> Iphone, some times removing them from the groupwsie connector and then
> the mobility connector then adding them back in that order seems to help
> but is not a logical fix for over 150 users.
>
> And finally today some users are only getting two emails synced to
> their phones. I have tested with different phones and using different
> accounts but still the same result.
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanking you
>
> Rudi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

rudigreeff;2138427 wrote:
Hi to all,

Im looking for some help on a couple of issues withData Synchronizer, thanks in advance for your help.

1. Data Synchronizer V1.2 Build 579, Groupwise 8

First issue im facing is that some users have issues syncing, for some their email's come through ok but thier calendars arnt up to date and are not updating to their groupwise. (this is happening for some users who have the same model phone inc. software and firmware but other people using the same phone same software and firmware dont have any issues).

For some users, a duplication of contact and calendar events is occuring. This is happening accross platform, ie Nokia, Samsung and Iphone, some times removing them from the groupwsie connector and then the mobility connector then adding them back in that order seems to help but is not a logical fix for over 150 users.

And finally today some users are only getting two emails synced to their phones. I have tested with different phones and using different accounts but still the same result.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you

Rudi

Hi Rudi,

I'd suggest opening an SR... there are some fixes made found in a new sync.phy (bug 713348 being the latest as far as I've seen) which can be applied as post update to 1.2. It might fix some of the issues you are seeing.

-Willem
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

rudigreeff <rudigreeff@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> Im looking for some help on a couple of issues withData Synchronizer,
> thanks in advance for your help.
>
> 1. Data Synchronizer V1.2 Build 579, Groupwise 8

8.02HP2?

--
Danita - http://www.caledonia.net/blog
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

magic31;2138497 wrote:
Hi Rudi,

I'd suggest opening an SR... there are some fixes made found in a new sync.phy (bug 713348 being the latest as far as I've seen) which can be applied as post update to 1.2. It might fix some of the issues you are seeing.

-Willem

This file is located Fast battery drain of iPhones after applying patch 1.2 (build 579).

I have a problem with android devices where the calendar becomes desynced because of a mismatch in what the device thinks needs to be synced and what the server thinks needs to be synced.
I just put this patch on, I'll give a heads up on if it worked or not.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Conz;2138949 wrote:
This file is located Fast battery drain of iPhones after applying patch 1.2 (build 579).

I have a problem with android devices where the calendar becomes desynced because of a mismatch in what the device thinks needs to be synced and what the server thinks needs to be synced.
I just put this patch on, I'll give a heads up on if it worked or not.

There is actually a newer patch as found in that TID... that's why I mentioned the bug number.

To get it it's best to open an SR as there might be a newer version in the workings....

-Willem
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you all for your speedy reply,

I have opened up a SR just waiting for a responce.

@ John Gill, thanks for that I tried it on a nokia E70 but no go, its still not syncing up. I tried setting to 15mins created an appointment from the phone and nothing came through to the users Groupwise.

@Magic31 & @ Cons

Thanks Ill get those patches installed and see how I go. I also have and Issue with a Andriod phone, all but one will not sync it's def a user account issue because other accounts on that some phone work fine, but this one account, nothing is synced (I mean nothing) in email I get the folder structre but no emails, and no calendars at all, all the settings are reflective of another phone but nothing will come through for this account.

@Dzanre

The groupwise MTA is version 8.0.2, are we a version below?

Thanks again to all

🙂
0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Current version is GW 8.0.2 HP2, so if you are running 8.0.2 without HP2, you are not current. That would explain all manner of issues.

-- Bob
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Bob-O-Rama,

Looks like we are a version down, we will update and see how we go. Thanks again everyone!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi all,

A update on whats been happening. I opened up a SR and the tech there was very helpfull, long story short we narrowed the cause of the issues to be on the datasync database itself. So after a rebuild and reinstall of Datasync and adding in all the users, hey presto, things are working much better. Needless to say that we needed to inform the users that there will be no syncing for about two hours, but they were ok with that.

Im only into the second day of testing but already the users that where experiencing issues before are not anymore, calendar events, contacts and emails are syncing both ways now. Users who were not recieving any emails starting recieving all their emails. The only issue now I have is the cert, everytime i try to sync from a Nokia, it asks informs me that the cert is not coming from the website that the mobile is directed to and gives me the option to accept it for just this occasion or for every, after selecting every occasion it still asks me the same thing when the next sync is scheduled, but that shouldnt be anything major as its just a cert.

But there is my update. After about a week of testing Ill post one more update to see if this fix has been permanent.

Thanks again for everyones help.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

rudigreeff <rudigreeff@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

> But there is my update. After about a week of testing Ill post one more
> update to see if this fix has been permanent.

Thanks Rudi

--
Danita - http://www.caledonia.net/blog
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

On 03.10.2011 05:36, rudigreeff wrote:
>
> emails starting recieving all their emails. The only issue now I have is
> the cert, everytime i try to sync from a Nokia, it asks informs me that
> the cert is not coming from the website that the mobile is directed to

Nokia has issues with certs, only likes root certs which it already has
pre-installed..
we bought cert from Thawte for this..

-sk

HAMK University - OES, NW, GW, NCS, eDir, Zen, IDM, NSL - www.hamk.fi
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.