Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Data Synchronizer and Adding a New Post Office

Hello,

I have recently added an additional post office to my GroupWise system and only since I moved my account to the new post office am I seeing the following issue:
- I can read messages on my mobile devices (iPhone 4 and Xoom (first gen)) but anything I do to my messages on my devices (delete, file elsewhere) do not get reflected in my GroupWise account

When the PO was created I was running Data Synchronizer Mobility Pack 1.21 and just today updated to 1.22 hoping to resolve this issue. Needless to say, the update to Data Synchronizer did not resolve my issue.
Is there something that I need to run on the DataSync server to make it aware to update to the new PO? If not, what else am I missing?

Versions:
GroupWise 8.0.2 HP3
DataSych 1.22

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.
Dwayne
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

vosd;2181144 wrote:
Hello,

I have recently added an additional post office to my GroupWise system and only since I moved my account to the new post office am I seeing the following issue:
- I can read messages on my mobile devices (iPhone 4 and Xoom (first gen)) but anything I do to my messages on my devices (delete, file elsewhere) do not get reflected in my GroupWise account

When the PO was created I was running Data Synchronizer Mobility Pack 1.21 and just today updated to 1.22 hoping to resolve this issue. Needless to say, the update to Data Synchronizer did not resolve my issue.
Is there something that I need to run on the DataSync server to make it aware to update to the new PO? If not, what else am I missing?

Versions:
GroupWise 8.0.2 HP3
DataSych 1.22

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.
Dwayne

Did you remove your account from the mobility group before moving your GroupWise account over to the new PO? In any case, I'd recommend removing the user from mobility before the move to a different PO, then re-add the user to the mobility group/connectors after the move has completed.

Curious if all works normally when adding a new account to the new PO and adding a mobility account for the new user?

Also good to know some more about your setup. Is Mobility running in a DMZ for example? And are all needed ports opened (firewall) between mobility and new PO server?

-Willem
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Willem,

Thank you very much for your suggestion, removing the user from the DS server was not something I thought of (DUH). I tried it but still had no luck. Next I tried running maintenance on the DS Postgre database (see here: http://goo.gl/SALVn ), but still no luck.
After further research I came across this post ( http://goo.gl/qzKri ) it was using this TID and looking at the POA's "Event Configuration List" and "SOAP Notification List" I able to determine that after I moved my account, I should have bounced the POA of the post office I was leaving. Actually, if I was forced to move my mailbox again, I would do the following:
1. remove Exchange connections from all devices you have them setup on
2. remove the user from the DS server
3. bounce the POA that you are planning on leaving from and confirm no connections exist in the POA's "Event Configuration List" and "SOAP Notification List"
4. perform any of the following steps here ( GroupWise 8 Moving GroupWise Users - CoolSolutionsWiki ) before moving the mailbox
5. move the mailbox to the new POA
6. run a GWCheck on the mailbox and confirm all is well
7. add the user back to the DS server
8. test and cross your fingers

Lessons learned: Don't move mailboxes between post offices unless ABSOLUTELY necessary.

Hope this helps someone else who may have been in the same situation as myself.
Dwayne
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

vosd;2183452 wrote:
Willem,

Thank you very much for your suggestion, removing the user from the DS server was not something I thought of (DUH). I tried it but still had no luck. Next I tried running maintenance on the DS Postgre database (see here: http://goo.gl/SALVn ), but still no luck.
After further research I came across this post ( http://goo.gl/qzKri ) it was using this TID and looking at the POA's "Event Configuration List" and "SOAP Notification List" I able to determine that after I moved my account, I should have bounced the POA of the post office I was leaving. Actually, if I was forced to move my mailbox again, I would do the following:
3. bounce the POA that you are planning on leaving from and confirm no connections exist in the POA's "Event Configuration List" and "SOAP Notification List"
4. perform any of the following steps here ( GroupWise 8 Moving GroupWise Users - CoolSolutionsWiki ) before moving the mailbox

Lessons learned: Don't move mailboxes between post offices unless ABSOLUTELY necessary.

Dwayne

Hi Dwayne, excellent feedback & good sum up! Sure it will be of use to others, so thanks 🙂

-Willem
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

vosd;2183452 wrote:
Willem,

Thank you very much for your suggestion, removing the user from the DS server was not something I thought of (DUH). I tried it but still had no luck. Next I tried running maintenance on the DS Postgre database (see here: Support | How to run manual maintenance on Datasync and Mobility databases ), but still no luck.
After further research I came across this post ( Support | Basic troubleshooting of sync problems of a single account on a mobile phone. ) it was using this TID and looking at the POA's "Event Configuration List" and "SOAP Notification List" I able to determine that after I moved my account, I should have bounced the POA of the post office I was leaving. Actually, if I was forced to move my mailbox again, I would do the following:

Dwayne

I was in a bind and this helped immensly. The only step I missed was boucing the POA that I had moved the user from. It seemed to resolve all of the Data Sync issues with our mobility servers.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.