Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
561 views

Database duplicates

I need advise.
I have a datasynchronizer (1.2.5 that has been upgraded from previous versions in the past) server running VERY slowly with postgres consuming an average of 70% of the CPU load.
When I noticed a few users that were showing up in the list that had been purged by removing from the LDAP group,
(we add/remove by being a member of a group)
I did as per TID 7008852 http://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7008852
I noticed over 80 user accounts that existed that "was" on the Server but are not now.
I did as per TID and Removed them.
Now when I do the cmd " select dn from targets; "
The result list shows almost every entry duplicated.
Is this normal?
If not, how to I fix it?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Database duplicates

dkamp wrote:

> I need advise.
> I have a datasynchronizer (1.2.5 that has been upgraded from previous
> versions in the past) server running VERY slowly with postgres
> consuming an average of 70% of the CPU load. When I noticed a few
> users that were showing up in the list that had been purged by
> removing from the LDAP group, (we add/remove by being a member of a
> group) I did as per TID 7008852
> http://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7008852 I noticed over 80
> user accounts that existed that "was" on the Server but are not now.
> I did as per TID and Removed them. Now when I do the cmd " select
> dn from targets; " The result list shows almost every entry
> duplicated. Is this normal? If not, how to I fix it?


You might want to do some db maintenance following this TID.

http://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7009453

--
Your world is on the move. http://www.novell.com/mobility/
We know what your world looks like. http://www.novell.com/yourworld/

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Database duplicates

We did as per TID 70094533
It took over 3 hours, Wow!
But the Monitor screen still shows Events Processing over 4000 and the Avg
Event Time growing.
Any suggestion on determining what might be happening?
Everything else "Appears" to be ok from what I can determine.



>>> Joseph Marton<jmarton@no-mx.forums.novell.com> 5/29/2013 2:45 PM >>>

dkamp wrote:

> I need advise.
> I have a datasynchronizer (1.2.5 that has been upgraded from previous
> versions in the past) server running VERY slowly with postgres
> consuming an average of 70% of the CPU load. When I noticed a few
> users that were showing up in the list that had been purged by
> removing from the LDAP group, (we add/remove by being a member of a
> group) I did as per TID 7008852
> http://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7008852 I noticed over 80
> user accounts that existed that "was" on the Server but are not now.
> I did as per TID and Removed them. Now when I do the cmd " select
> dn from targets; " The result list shows almost every entry
> duplicated. Is this normal? If not, how to I fix it?


You might want to do some db maintenance following this TID.

http://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7009453

--
Your world is on the move. http://www.novell.com/mobility/
We know what your world looks like. http://www.novell.com/yourworld/


0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Database duplicates

dkamp wrote:

> We did as per TID 70094533
> It took over 3 hours, Wow!
> But the Monitor screen still shows Events Processing over 4000 and
> the Avg Event Time growing.
> Any suggestion on determining what might be happening?
> Everything else "Appears" to be ok from what I can determine.


I'd suggest opening an SR.

--
Your world is on the move. http://www.novell.com/mobility/
We know what your world looks like. http://www.novell.com/yourworld/

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Database duplicates

I am attempting to Open an SR now.
I put my call into Arrow ECS (sure wish Novell supported their own products) and am waiting on a scheduler to call back to open a ticket.
Then I guess I will wait a bit longer for an engineer to call back.
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.



>>> Joseph Marton<jmarton@no-mx.forums.novell.com> 5/30/2013 8:38 AM >>>

dkamp wrote:


> We did as per TID 70094533
> It took over 3 hours, Wow!
> But the Monitor screen still shows Events Processing over 4000 and
> the Avg Event Time growing.
> Any suggestion on determining what might be happening?
> Everything else "Appears" to be ok from what I can determine.


I'd suggest opening an SR.

--
Your world is on the move. http://www.novell.com/mobility/
We know what your world looks like. http://www.novell.com/yourworld/
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Database duplicates

On Thu, 30 May 2013 13:07:15 GMT, dkamp <NoSpam@myaddress.com> wrote:

>I am attempting to Open an SR now.
>I put my call into Arrow ECS (sure wish Novell supported their own products) and am waiting on a scheduler to call back to open a ticket.
>Then I guess I will wait a bit longer for an engineer to call back.
>Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.


Novell does support their own products...I just login to the Novell
support site and open SRs directly with Novell any time I need to.
Maybe it has to do with how your support agreement was setup? We're
not anything special here...I'm a one man IT dept for a small private
company.
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements in the Idea Exchange forums within this community!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Database duplicates

dkamp wrote:

> I am attempting to Open an SR now.
> I put my call into Arrow ECS (sure wish Novell supported their own
> products) and am waiting on a scheduler to call back to open a
> ticket. Then I guess I will wait a bit longer for an engineer to
> call back. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.


If you have active GW maintenance (which is required in order to use
Data Sync) you an open an SR with us directly. The exception is if you
are an academic customer with an SLA/ALA, though even in those cases
you can purchase a pack of SRs.

--
Your world is on the move. http://www.novell.com/mobility/
We know what your world looks like. http://www.novell.com/yourworld/

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Database duplicates

We have an ALA but no service contract.
When I called the 800 number they told me since we had no contract and was paying via Credit card, we had to call Arrow ECS.
;(
Still waiting on a call to OPEN the ticket.
I called again, they said all people who get the info to open the tickets are busy and one would call when they could.



>>> Joseph Marton<jmarton@no-mx.forums.novell.com> 5/30/2013 11:12 AM >>>

dkamp wrote:


> I am attempting to Open an SR now.
> I put my call into Arrow ECS (sure wish Novell supported their own
> products) and am waiting on a scheduler to call back to open a
> ticket. Then I guess I will wait a bit longer for an engineer to
> call back. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.


If you have active GW maintenance (which is required in order to use
Data Sync) you an open an SR with us directly. The exception is if you
are an academic customer with an SLA/ALA, though even in those cases
you can purchase a pack of SRs.

--
Your world is on the move. http://www.novell.com/mobility/
We know what your world looks like. http://www.novell.com/yourworld/
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Resolved

Issue is resolved, My Sales rep assisted in getting a ticket Open. Yea!!!!
The engineer (A Novell Employee) was Great and incredibly knowledgeable.
He found in his words "a syncevent item blocking a worker thread, at least 1 could have been more".
Well all is great and Life is good again.



>>> dkamp<NoSpam@myaddress.com> 5/30/2013 11:53 AM >>>


We have an ALA but no service contract.
When I called the 800 number they told me since we had no contract and was paying via Credit card, we had to call Arrow ECS.
;(
Still waiting on a call to OPEN the ticket.
I called again, they said all people who get the info to open the tickets are busy and one would call when they could.



>>> Joseph Marton<jmarton@no-mx.forums.novell.com> 5/30/2013 11:12 AM >>>

dkamp wrote:


> I am attempting to Open an SR now.
> I put my call into Arrow ECS (sure wish Novell supported their own
> products) and am waiting on a scheduler to call back to open a
> ticket. Then I guess I will wait a bit longer for an engineer to
> call back. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.


If you have active GW maintenance (which is required in order to use
Data Sync) you an open an SR with us directly. The exception is if you
are an academic customer with an SLA/ALA, though even in those cases
you can purchase a pack of SRs.

--
Your world is on the move. http://www.novell.com/mobility/
We know what your world looks like. http://www.novell.com/yourworld/
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.