Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Database function listing

Hi All,

Every Groupwise admin has seen/experienced it, the dreaded 'The database function XX reported error [YYYY] on zzzzzz.db. The YYYY error codes are documented and we can mostly look those up somewhere, even if their documented meaning is somewhat ambiguous.

I would like to know if the is a listing of function of the XX database functions, as these would help in understanding which part of the database may be a problem.
For exmaple, just at the moment I have a client seeing function 53/c042, function 22/f023 in the POA logs, and the POA has restarted a few times...so I know a f series error is a search/index issue, and the c042 is a record error, but what do functions 53 and 22 actually perform?

Thanks,
Mark Currie
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Database function listing

Hi Mark,

As far as I am aware Micro Focus do not make that level of detail available publically. We will need to troubleshoot each individual error message per db it's reported on.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Database function listing

Hi Laura,

Thanks for the info...It would be nice to know if function 22 was like 'read record set', or it was 'write record' etc etc
...They obliviously must be obfuscating the functions as I had a look at the open source FLAIM 4.5 libraries and they use named procedure calls like most other databases.

Cheers,
Mark Currie
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.