Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
mammoth29 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Datasync Engine shutdown: failed

This may have been covered once or twice, but I searched the forum and could not find it.

Everytime I perform an rcdatasync restart I get a failure when the Datasync Engine attempts to shut down. As it cycles through the restart it gives me a "done" when starting the Engine and checking the status immediately afterwards shows that everything is running ok. I wonder if this is a problem and if so, how do I fix it?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Datasync Engine shutdown: failed

mammoth29 wrote:

> As it cycles through the restart it gives me a "done" when starting the Engine
> and checking the status immediately afterwards shows that everything is
> running ok. I wonder if this is a problem and if so, how do I fix it?

If it shows running after the restart then I would not worry about it at long as
mail is still flowing. Quite honestly, these scripts can be touchy. I have one
site where grpwise status always shows at least one process as "unused" when it
is running, and often receive errors on shutdown or restart. So unless you find
that the engine really ISN'T restarting, don't worry.

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
Upgrading to GroupWise 2012?
http://www.caledonia.net/gw12upg.html
0 Likes
Bob-O-Rama
Visitor.

I see the same thing too. Sometimes a stop will show the same, but on looking, its not running. I typically do a stop. Then another stop will show its not running. It seems to be "normal" behavior.

-- Bob
0 Likes
mattsweet6101 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

mammoth29;2161385 wrote:
This may have been covered once or twice, but I searched the forum and could not find it.

Everytime I perform an rcdatasync restart I get a failure when the Datasync Engine attempts to shut down. As it cycles through the restart it gives me a "done" when starting the Engine and checking the status immediately afterwards shows that everything is running ok. I wonder if this is a problem and if so, how do I fix it?

Same issue here. Mail stops syncing to our users devices, complain. rcdatasync status shows running, rcdatasync restart shows DataSync Engine failed, then starts back up. Running latest version 1.2.1
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.