Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dbcopy + Rsync - still bloating

I'm using a modified version of this https://forums.novell.com/novell-product-discussions/collaboration/groupwise/groupwise-2012/gw2012-install-setup-admin/455580-dbcopy-restore-question-post2195713.html#post2195713

The size of my Live system is 100Gb
but the Restore Area / backup is 130Gb

are there files in folders other than po/offiles/ and po/ofuser/index which need to be removed ?

NB: I did apply this script after my restore area was already bloated by dbcopy overtime
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

found out why...

DMS !!

the since GroupWise Document Management is used decided rsync the WHOLE of po folder not just offiles and ofuser/index as I originally planned. Rsync has more files to deal with but ...

now the source and destination are almost the same size
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

bhrt60 wrote:

> now the source and destination are almost the same size

I'm glad you found the issue.

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
Do you have Willem Bagchus' GW 2012 Admin Guide?
http://www.facebook.com/caledonia.net
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

bhrt60;2276272 wrote:
found out why...

DMS !!

the since GroupWise Document Management is used decided rsync the WHOLE of po folder not just offiles and ofuser/index as I originally planned. Rsync has more files to deal with but ...

now the source and destination are almost the same size

Thanks for posting that back... 🙂 Don't have too much environments where DMS is really being used. Never had to look at that & good to know.

By following the link you posted in your first post, I noticed there was still an error in one of the rsync lines, which should be

rsync --delete --ignore-existing --prune-empty-dirs --recursive $gwlivepath$po1loc/ofuser/index/ $gwcopypath$po1loc/ofuser/index/

Note the slash / at the end of each directory definition. Not having that last slash might result in an index folder getting created in the index folder on the copy (e.g. $gwcopypath$po1loc/ofuser/index/index). If that's the case you can correct the script and clean up the redundant /index folder under /index. That might free up some extra gigs.

I'm also curious to the modifications you've made, mainly thoughts behind it as it could be interesting to apply elsewhere 🙂

Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.