Highlighted
jesullivan Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Delete Old Configuration Events

Jump to solution

We recently decommissioned our old gms server.  I've noticed that we have a number of event errors within the POA logs that contain the old servers ip.  The only posts I found on this forum recommended either manually deleting the events through the POA console or running a gwcheck with DELEVENTSBYKEY.  Both options appear to delete the events for a short time before new events start appearing again.  What am I missing?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Delete Old Configuration Events

Jump to solution

Hi,

On your new GMS server you can run the "mcheck.pyc" tool to clean this up.  You will need to restart the POA afterwards.

Cheers,

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Delete the events and the event configuration for the mobility server and then restart the post office.  That should be sufficient.

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

On your new GMS server you can run the "mcheck.pyc" tool to clean this up.  You will need to restart the POA afterwards.

Cheers,

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
jesullivan Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution
Thanks for your help! I've removed all events using the mcheck tool. Now I just need to schedule a time to restart the poa's.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.