ALERT! The community will be read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Deleting Mailboxes with no eDir account

I have just done a major cull of students who have left the college, and I used LDAP (Apache Directory Studio), cos it is so much more flexible than C1. Now I have a bunch of GW2012SP1 mailboxes that are orphaned, no corresponding eDir account.
Is there a way to flag, or show these mailboxes so i can delete them? Or is there a way to run some sort of maintenance on the PO to achieve this?
Thanks.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

mickers <mickers@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:
> I have just done a major cull of students who have left the college, and
> I used LDAP (Apache Directory Studio), cos it is so much more flexible
> than C1. Now I have a bunch of GW2012SP1 mailboxes that are orphaned,
> no corresponding eDir account.
> Is there a way to flag, or show these mailboxes so i can delete them?
> Or is there a way to run some sort of maintenance on the PO to achieve
> this?
> Thanks.
>

About all I can think of is to "graft" users and have the unmatched users
written to a text file so you can then delete them.

Jrbutilities might be able to do something, but I'm not certain.

--
Danita - http://www.caledonia.net/blog
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks, Danita.
In the end, since I had a list of the affected accounts, I went through and disassociated the PO for each in C1( They wouldn't delete because of the missing eDir associations). Then, but adding the column 'Distinguished Name', I could go through easily and slect all the accounts, in C1, and delete en-masse.
Not pretty, but the job is done. I'll have to work out a better way next year .. if only I could script this stuff?

Thanks for the replies ..
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

* mickers,

in Console One, go to the Groupwise view, then "View", "Edit Columns" and add the one showing the network ID. Maybe it is blank for those users without an edir account.

Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You can script it. I wrote an introduction to scripting GroupWise administration - Scripting GroupWise | Novell User Communities. Although the article only shows how to export from the GroupWise directory the GroupWise Administrative Object API supports methods for adding, modifying and deleting users.

Bryan Vandenberg

mickers;2242375 wrote:
Thanks, Danita.
In the end, since I had a list of the affected accounts, I went through and disassociated the PO for each in C1( They wouldn't delete because of the missing eDir associations). Then, but adding the column 'Distinguished Name', I could go through easily and slect all the accounts, in C1, and delete en-masse.
Not pretty, but the job is done. I'll have to work out a better way next year .. if only I could script this stuff?

Thanks for the replies ..
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.