Demaximis Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Deletions on Device don't delete in GW

Hi all,

We are running GMS 14.2 Build 279 on a dedicated SLES11 SP4 server and this problem appears to be happening to only one individual.
Of course he is very high up in the food chain and so it has become a major issue assigned to me.

When he deletes a message in his Inbox on his iPhone 6 it never removes it from his GroupWise account.
I have resynced his device, removed it from GMS and let it reattach, deleted his entire account in GMS and deleted his GroupWise account on the phone, then add him back to GMS and his phone, still the problem persist.

I went into Settings and enabled 'Push' to include the Trash folder.
While we sat in front of his GroupWise client (online mode), he deleted a message on his phone and when it synced, the message was removed from the GroupWise mailbox. However, since then he has contacted me and said it isn't doing it anymore. 😞

I suggested diplomatically that, perhaps, this happens where he doesn't have a good wireless connection or other signal where he is at and he said that he had been tracking that and it isn't the case because it happens even while in the office. He receives messages to his phone with no problem and it just happens with deleting. He also says, sometimes he will delete a message from his phone and the next time it syncs with GroupWise that deleted message will reappear.

I've looked at the logs and I don't see any sync errors and the only warning I see while looking at the GMS Dashboard on his accocunt is a message about sending a large amount of data to his phone.

Suggestions on what I can try or do for this issue, will infinitely be appreciated!

Stan
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
snielson1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Deletions on Device don't delete in GW

Are you only seeing this problem on iOS devices? Possible to connect a different device (android if possible) to the account, and do some more testing?

Shane Nielson Kind of alright at doing stuff with the computer thing
0 Likes
Demaximis Absent Member.
Absent Member.

That's a good thought and I'll have to look at the list of devices to see if I can borrow someones android to try that!

I failed to mention that this started happening after he switched from the iPhone 5 to the iPhone 6.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

In article <Demaximis.7cdhbb@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com>, Demaximis
wrote:
> Suggestions on what I can try or do for this issue, will infinitely be
> appreciated!

Run through the list I've collected in
http://www.konecnyad.ca/andyk/gwmobility.htm

it would also be an interesting test to put a second brand new account
onto his device to see if the problem happens there as well, just to
make sure Apple hasn't done something overly interesting with the newest
systems.

Andy of
http://KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
Knowledge Partner
http://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please
show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. Thanks!
GMS troubleshooting tips at http://www.konecnyad.ca/andyk/gwmobility.htm

___
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
0 Likes
snielson1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We have seen some issues with GMS 14.2.0 with some sync issues (deleted emails showing back up, or not really getting deleted).
You can contact Micro Focus support for a newer sync.pyc for the 14.2.0 build, and see if that helps?

Shane Nielson Kind of alright at doing stuff with the computer thing
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.