Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Deploying Groupwise 2014 R2 client via MSI

I am trying to use PDQ Deploy to distribute Groupwise 2014 R2 clients to my network. Does anyone have a set of installation switches for the groupwise msi file that would support upgrading of already installed Groupwise clients? Or switches for the setup.exe file that would support upgrading?

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Deploying Groupwise 2014 R2 client via MSI

Hi,

I'm curious as to why you are not using the auto-update feature built into GroupWise - any particular reason?

The setup.exe file reads the settings in the setup.cfg file so the switches are placed in there:

https://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise2014r2/gw2014_guide_admin/data/adm_cli_dist_client_autoupdate.html#adm_cli_autoupdate_setup_cfg

You can also use GWTuner to build an MST file for rollout using methods other than the ones made available with GroupWise.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

laurabuckley;2417685 wrote:
Hi,

I'm curious as to why you are not using the auto-update feature built into GroupWise - any particular reason?

The setup.exe file reads the settings in the setup.cfg file so the switches are placed in there:

https://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise2014r2/gw2014_guide_admin/data/adm_cli_dist_client_autoupdate.html#adm_cli_autoupdate_setup_cfg

You can also use GWTuner to build an MST file for rollout using methods other than the ones made available with GroupWise.

Cheers,

I was under the impression that you had to deploy with ZEN Works in order to use the gwtuner application?

Also, I don't use auto-update because I inferred from the documentation that users must have write access to the registry in order to perform the update, most of my users do not have write access to the registry.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Yes indeed using auto-update requires administrator privileges on the workstation.

As far as I am aware, but please note have never done personally, any method that can roll out an MST file can use that file created by GWTuner.

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

bkesting;2417660 wrote:
I am trying to use PDQ Deploy to distribute Groupwise 2014 R2 clients to my network. Does anyone have a set of installation switches for the groupwise msi file that would support upgrading of already installed Groupwise clients? Or switches for the setup.exe file that would support upgrading?

Thanks.

Try this if you're still looking. Let me know if you have questions.
http://support.adminarsenal.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/211678767-Deploying-Groupwise-Client?page=1#community_comment_218315348
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.