Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Directory configuration error

After the installation I found this error in the administration console:
"Directory configuration could not be completed during install. It is required for MTA sync."

GroupWise seems to work alright, though.
What does the error mean, and do I have to take action?

GW2014 is installed on Win2008R2, without any directory associations. It’s an upgrade from GW2012 on Win2003R2, with eDirectory association.

Thanks!
Jens Jakob Sørensen
Dansk Centralbibliotek for Sydslesvig
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Directory configuration error

Check your eDirectory configuration and check the log of the mta where you activated the eDir sync. Check if you have the "Tree" Object in LDAP Servers and it holds correct information.
If that is all working fine, check if your users (check when connected to each domain) have correct LDAP information - if not, see that your primary domain holds correct information and then rebuild each secondary domain from the primary (at least that was that I did).
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Svar: Re: Directory configuration error

Thanks for the answer, but as I wrote
"GW2014 is installed on Win2008R2, without any directory associations."

Since we upgraded from 2012 with eDirectory, I expect it's some leftovers from the old installation.
I just don't know if my GW2014 might have a (hidden) malfunction somewhere due to this error.

Thanks
Jens Jakob

>>> MFaust<MFaust@no-mx.forums.novell.com> 22-09-2014 22:26 >>>

Check your eDirectory configuration and check the log of the mta where
you activated the eDir sync. Check if you have the "Tree" Object in LDAP
Servers and it holds correct information.
If that is all working fine, check if your users (check when connected
to each domain) have correct LDAP information - if not, see that your
primary domain holds correct information and then rebuild each secondary
domain from the primary (at least that was that I did).

--
MFaust
------------------------------------------------------------------------
MFaust's Profile: https://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=17917
View this thread: https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=479443
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Svar: Re: Directory configuration error

Sorry, didn't see the 'without'.
As GW2012 sure had eDirectory association, there will be some leftovers from these associations. When you remove all associations and LDAP configuration you should be fine.
Without directory association you should only have GW-Only users and groups. To check this is the case, you could put "directory!=null" into the search and check all users/groups that show up (use disassociate to remove directory association).
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.