Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Discussion thread Very slow to load

Good afternoon,

Running GW 2014 R2 on SLES server.

I have one user who is having issues with her discussion thread loading. It takes over 3.5 minutes on the 14.2.1 client and 14.2.0 client. Tested on various pc's.

I've run gwcheck on the mailbox twice from the admin console and this has not improved anything.

I have not rebuilt the users mailbox.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks

Anthony
Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Discussion thread Very slow to load

Hi Anthony,

I suggest running a GWCheck | Analyse/Fix Databases | Untick Structure | Tick Contents and Fix Problems | leave both User and Message database selected. Take a look at the resultant GWCheck Log file. Under the User Name entry you will find a line smiliar to this:

Quickfinder: Pending jobs = 2 Files = 58b236ae.idx, 58b51ffa.inc

In the above example the account has 2 mail that have not been indexed yet. Let us know how many Pending Jobs are displayed for the user in question.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sorry for the delay Laura;

Pending jobs = 1099 Files = 58b76484.idx, 58b76488.inc

Looking forward to your suggestions.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Anthony,

Ok so the account in question has more than 1000 mails that are not yet indexed! This could have an impact on the discussion threads taking so long but please understand that this is not the only thing that could be at play here. So there are a few things we can do about the indexing:

1. Temporarily sort out this one user's account and index their mail.
2. Sort out your quick finder indexing for your entire poa.

Ok so for number 1 - reindex just this user account: https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7012997

And for number 2 - adjust your default settings. In GroupWise 2014 R2 a default of 1000 messages per user are indexed each cycle. The problem is that the cycle could be too long. I set my Quick Finder indexing to run every 4 hours.

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Laura and thanks for your response.

Prompted by your first response I googled gwcheck Quickfinder pending jobs and found exactly the doc you recommended.

https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7012997 This sorted the users quick finder indexing and their discussion thread. I'll sort the overall indexing next.

many thanks - consider this thread closed.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You are welcome. Glad that this is resolved for you 🙂
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.