PhilJannusch Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Display name not Correct

While setting up a user I was interrupted and I only gave the user a first name. A few days later my boss noticed my mistake while doing other setup. I then added a last name and full name.

Now a few days later when the user in question sends out an email, his "from" name is still his first name.

How do I fix this?
thanks
Phil
Labels (2)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Display name not Correct

Hi Phil,

Is the user using a caching mailbox?

Please let us know.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Yes he is using a caching mail box.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Under Account, account option, properties, somewhere (sorry it's late on a Friday night for me), there is an entry box for "Display Name" or something like that. Change that and you should be good. I've been caught by this a few time with name changes.

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Absent Member.

I could not find the field in console one showing display name. I see given name, last name and full name fields.
Thanks
0 Likes
MarkDissington Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Those options are in the GroupWise client, not ConsoleOne. They are:

Accounts -> Account Options -> General Options -> Display name is then at the top

Mark.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

On the GW 8.03 client I am not seeing Accounts -> Account Options -> General Options -> Display name is then at the top?

thanks
Phil
0 Likes
Absent Member.

You were right. The display name in the caching mailbox was wrong. Thanks!!!!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.