New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Commodore
Commodore

Document Viewer Agent error in caching client

I have a user that is running GroupWise 2018 SP1 in caching mode and randomly will get the error "Document Viewer Agent stopped working".  She clears the error and can continue but the error will pop up every now and then, even when she is doing nothing in the client.  The user is on the office network; not remote.  Other users have not experienced this.

I thought the Document Viewer Agent would be a server side issue.  Not sure why the client is reporting it.  Any thoughts?

Dan

Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

The client has its own instance in order to index remote / caching mailboxes. #1 reason for failures would be NOT to have AV exclusions for the GW directories.

If you like it: like it.
0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Thanks, Mathias.  OK, that makes sense.  We are using Sophos for AV.  I'll look into that.

Dan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@dch151 Hi Dan,

A few months ago a customer reported this to us and BUG#1172101 was opened. Unfortunately, the customer never responded to the developer's requests for further information so eventually, the bug was closed.

Perhaps you would like to capture a few crash dump files for us using the method described here, just changing the exe name to that of the gwdva process:

https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7024705

Then open a service request and provide the crash files and whatever other information you can.

Cheers,

Laura

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Commodore
Commodore

Sorry for the late reply, Laura.  We ended up switching the user to online mode (they are in the office) and the problem went away.  If we see it with other users we will try to take some crash dump files.

Thanks,

Dan

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.