Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

E-mail from Word (Office 365)

Just recently moved from Office 2013 without OutLook installed to Office 2016(O365) with Outlook deployed. I have several end users that used the Share > E-mail function to send out the word document they were working on to people without opening GroupWise and sending it through that method. The function worked on the previous method without outlook installed. I don't know if O365 has done something different with the function or if the presents of Outlook is conflicting but this is no longer working.

When using the function within word I get "Word couldn't send mail because of MAPI failure: 'Unspecified error'."

I have redirected those tyring this to just attached with GroupWise instead. But this would be a nice thing to get working for them.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Richard
Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: E-mail from Word (Office 365)

Hi Richard,

This is a known issue that has been fixed/addressed in a new build of the client obtainable via service request.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the reply. Is there a way to get this without having to pay for the SR? School has limited options for this. If not is this something that will be fixed in the next release? Any idea when that might be released?

Thanks again for the help!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Rhuhman,

> Thanks for the reply. Is there a way to get this without having to pay
> for the SR? School has limited options for this. If not is this
> something that will be fixed in the next release? Any idea when that
> might be released?

It will be in the next release however we do not yet have an ETA for that
release. You can open an SR for the FTF, however, just be sure to let
your technician know that it is for a defect that is only fixed in an FTF
and you want the SR closed at no charge refunded.

Pam

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I will try this again but when I asked about this this-morning the chat person stated I would have to open an SR. I will see if I can explain this better. Perhaps they misunderstood.

Thanks

Richard
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Rhuhman,

> I will try this again but when I asked about this this-morning the chat
> person stated I would have to open an SR. I will see if I can explain
> this better. Perhaps they misunderstood.

There was a no charge SR opened for you yesterday and from what I can
tell you have been sent the FTF client link. Did you not receive that?

Thanks,

Pam

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I did. I ended up calling in so I could explain what I was after. They sent the IP bases setup files over this morning.

Thanks

Richard
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.