thedevastator Absent Member.
Absent Member.

E811

Hi , im wondering if someone has some experience moving documents ..

i had created a library on the 23rd .. call it library A
ive inserted some documents and added users whom have right to do everything to move their documents over from library 1 to library A
( reason for move is that groupwise was slow over 60.000 records in a library)

tested the users and everything was ok !.. documents of its authors could open , rename , copy remove etc ..

so the users started moving documents .. however someone stumbled on this :

a user moved a document to another library , move was sucessfull , however with the next gwckeck run ( same day23rd on 22:00 ) the poa deleted the document in the new library .. i didnt have a backup yet of that library .. because it was newly created .. ( my backup starts @ midnight)

the user isnt author of the document , has made a new version and edited it since 2004 .. now .. both the user and the author still exist ...

the document cannot be opened , because its saying that it was deleted from the poa .. i do not have a backup of the document ( recent enough )

the quickfinder indexes where deleted and re-created .. AFTER the document move ..

what i do have is the new document number version ( 104) but i dont know the old location .. ( well i do , you can check this on the document version info log) however the document is not there ..

anyone got an idea how to get the document back ? besides restoring from tape .. ( since it moved sucessfully) im pretty sure something has to do with a rebuild .because it still displays only not on the right place ...
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
thedevastator Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: E811

thedevastator;1819121 wrote:
Hi , im wondering if someone has some experience moving documents ..

i had created a library on the 23rd .. call it library A
ive inserted some documents and added users whom have right to do everything to move their documents over from library 1 to library A
( reason for move is that groupwise was slow over 60.000 records in a library)

tested the users and everything was ok !.. documents of its authors could open , rename , copy remove etc ..

so the users started moving documents .. however someone stumbled on this :

a user moved a document to another library , move was sucessfull , however with the next gwckeck run ( same day23rd on 22:00 ) the poa deleted the document in the new library .. i didnt have a backup yet of that library .. because it was newly created .. ( my backup starts @ midnight)

the user isnt author of the document , has made a new version and edited it since 2004 .. now .. both the user and the author still exist ...

the document cannot be opened , because its saying that it was deleted from the poa .. i do not have a backup of the document ( recent enough )

the quickfinder indexes where deleted and re-created .. AFTER the document move ..

what i do have is the new document number version ( 104) but i dont know the old location .. ( well i do , you can check this on the document version info log) however the document is not there ..

anyone got an idea how to get the document back ? besides restoring from tape .. ( since it moved sucessfully) im pretty sure something has to do with a rebuild .because it still displays only not on the right place ...

Oh im using Groupwise 7.03 agents and clients ..
0 Likes
JGassmann Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: E811

thedevastator;1819122 wrote:
Oh im using Groupwise 7.03 agents and clients ..

If you are experiencing a slow library with only 60,000 documents in it, then there is something else wrong. We are approaching 1 million documents with no performance issues. I would check your server memory performance. Make sure you have adequate RAM and CPU for GroupWise with DMS. SMP enabled is the best option with multiple CPU's.

Long Story short, start looking at server performance and connectivity. You're library is not the issue.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.