Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Error DF28 on huge archive

Hi everybody,

I have a user complaining on his archive meaning that when he trying to delete some items off archive, it reappearing there again. I've run standalone GWCHECK against his archive directory, but it always returning DF28 error. I've noticed the size of that archive - over 400GB! And every time ngwcheck.db reaching size of 83K during GWCHECK process, it stops with a/m error. I've tried GWCHECK versions 6.5, 7.0.3, 8.0.2 -> same result. Checked the size of *.db files - all are just normal (msg.db:98Mb, usr.db:25Mb, ngwguard: 235Kb). Please advice what to do to fix it out if it's possible, of course.

Thanks,
Mike
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
JALWOLF001 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Error DF28 on huge archive

What options are you choosing on GWCheck? I would try using the structural rebuild option under Action in gwcheck...
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

JALWOLF001;2147633 wrote:
What options are you choosing on GWCheck? I would try using the structural rebuild option under Action in gwcheck...

I've tried both reduce and rebuild, none helps.
0 Likes
JALWOLF001 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I had a similar issue with a user and it ended up being a corrupt appointment. open his archive and select mailbox and then on bottom choose mailbox size. Go through each option trash, sent , received and posted. Most likely it will be in posted. Sort by size look for an unusually large file. May be one or two items, probably a reoccuring appointment of some sort. Only answer I found from there was to write down the info for the user and delete the appointment and if need be they could recreate it...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.