Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Error: DF2A Ignoring this request because it is a duplicate of one already in progress

Hi,

I've seen this same problem littered around various forums via Google
searches, but haven't really found an answer.

It just started reporting this error, nothing changed on the POA maintenance
tasks to trigger it.
I deleted all tasks and re-created them, but obviously that didn't work.

The task it's doing it on is the daily structure and index check. It may
report it on other events too, but it's been less than a week since
re-creating the jobs so I will know by Monday.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Alan

Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Error: DF2A Ignoring this request because it is a dupli

IMO, it's a bug in the GW software. We've tried, to no avail, to get rid of it.

Some people have had success with deleting some of the files/directories in the PO (dont' remember EXACTLY off the top of my head, but if you search the forums for the error code you'll see what was done).

I never got the error until the 8.x upgrade and it's been with us ever since. I've even had it happen in the middle of the day for no apparent reason (we get it also during our scheduled events).
0 Likes
gregamy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Here's my write-up of it:

http://forums.novell.com/novell-product-support-forums/groupwise/groupwise-8x/gw8-install-setup-admin/374292-gwcheck-running-twice.html

But I've got two POs that are acting up now and are not responding to this... <shrug>

Greg Amy GroupWise Admin Hartford (CT) Hospital
0 Likes
Absent Member.

May not be applicable, but I think I had this issue on 6.5 (it was long ago enough that I think we were at that version when I addressed it).
What I had to do then was delete all scheduled events, THEN delete the NGWCHECK.DB file, Then recreate the scheduled events. I don't recall if I did a manual gwcheck to recreate the NGWCHECK.DB, or if it recreated automatically.
I may have manually deleted the .CHK files (I've done that w/out any problems, as they are really temp files created by the GWCheck process, and are worthless outside of that specific GWCheck process).
I may have also deleted the queue files.. WPSCIN and WPSCOUT (Can't remember if it was done for this issue or not).
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Re: Error: DF2A Ignoring this request because it is a duplicate of one already in progress

Thanks for the replies.
For information, this wasn't a problem with any previous version of
GroupWise, as far as I can remember. We've been running GW8 for plenty long
enough, it may of been a problem since running SP2 but it is only an issue
on one of our post offices.
However, after deleting and re-creating the jobs did nothing, I've tried
running the job that was causing this, in the middle of the day (not
recommended!). It ran and completed without error.
Then, from that day onwards, the error has gone.

How random, GroupWise wouldn't let it be any other way!!!

Cheers, Alan

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.