Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
Dundaur Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Expire/Reduce for One PO Affected all POs

GW8.0.2 HP3 on SLES 11 SP1

I have 9 post offices. Each POA has 4 scheduled events that includes a daily user database check. We do not expire any messages but have mailbox size limits set. We leave it up to the user to manage their own mailbox size. One post office is for our retirees. We have a problem with this one as the mailbox sizes constantly grow. I decided to create a POA scheduled event, for just this PO, to expire messages that are older than 180 days. This new event was only enabled on the one POA. Well, it did run, but it ran for all the POAs. So, this morning I come in and all the post offices have been expired. I looked at the scheduled event for the user database check and it's Expire/Reduce option had been changed to match the one I created for single POA.

What a mess. Anyway, is this normal behavior? It seems wierd that I can't create a new single event, and assign it to one POA, without it affecting all the others.

Phillip
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Expire/Reduce for One PO Affected all POs

See http://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=10021870

I know it's old, but as far as I know it still works the same way on GW8.

After you created the new event, did you explicitly go into all the other
post offices and disable the new event ?

Cheers Dave

--
Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/
0 Likes
Dundaur Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I guess there were some things I could have done differently. No, I did not actually go back and check the other PO events after createing the new one. I would have thought that since the new event was enabled for only one POA, it would only apply to that one. Reading your referenced TID chenged my thinking on that. Well, this was a lesson learned.

Phillip
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sadly no, creating new events can bite. Once they are set, they are fine,
but you need to be a bit cautious with that initial setup.

Cheers Dave

--
Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.