adrockk Contributor.
Contributor.

Expired Passwords

I'm running GW2012 with LDAP authentication against eDir. When a user's password expires in eDir (and they still have grace logins remaining), they can log into Webaccess, but don't get the "prompt" to change their password like they used to with pre-2012 versions of GW. Instead, they now get a vague and inaccurate message in their inbox from the POA that says their password is "about to" expire (even though it already is expired). This message is only delivered when logging in through webaccess; they just get the change-prompt when logging into the Client.
Is this a configurable option, or has it been removed from Webaccess. If the semi-captive prompt has been removed, is the "Your GroupWise password is about to expire." message that gets sent at least configurable?

Any help is much appreciated!
TIA,
Adam

Labels (2)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Expired Passwords

As far as I know the message is not configurable.

I'd encourage you to put in an enhancement request: http://www.novell.com/rms

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
adrockk Contributor.
Contributor.

Done, although there's no options for GW2012 on the enhancements page, so I put one in for 8.0.3. I hope it still gets to the right people. 😉

0 Likes
JohanLouw Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I just got confirmation that this is fixed in GroupWise 2012 SP1
0 Likes
adrockk Contributor.
Contributor.

By "is", do you mean "will be", or did they secretly release SP1 and not tell anyone?

0 Likes
jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

adrockk wrote:

>
> By "is", do you mean "will be", or did they secretly release SP1 and
> not tell anyone?

SP1 has not been released yet. We're currently targeting a release by
the end of the month.

--
We're your Novell--again. http://www.novell.com/promo/backtobasics.html
Enhancement Requests: http://www.novell.com/rms

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
vgalino Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello
I Install Groupwise 2012 SP1, but i don t see where i can change this message

Thanks in advance
Regards
Victor
0 Likes
di6parn Absent Member.
Absent Member.

JohanLouw;2217952 wrote:
I just got confirmation that this is fixed in GroupWise 2012 SP1

Just out of curiosity, what is fixed? Is the message now configurable, or - as I really hope - do the users get prompted to change their password?

I'm asking because I'm trying to configure our servers so the user will get prompted for a new password, which worked fine on my previous job. But if this isn't working in GW2012 then I will stop trying until we have upgraded to SP1.

Regards,
Pär
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.