Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Export all email address from Groupwise 2012

Jump to solution

I am dealing with a Groupwise 2012 system that uses multiple domains and a few different email address standards.  Not all uses use all the domains, and some users have custom addresses.

In order to tidy this up I want to extract a full list of all email addresses. 

I tried ldapsearch as follows:

# ldapsearch -D cn=admin,ou=perth,o=xxx -W -Z -LLL -h localhost -b o=xxx "(|(objectClass=inetOrgPerson)(objectClass=person))" sn givenname mail

But that only lists the primary email address.

So I exported the Groupwise address book to CSV, but again that only listed the primary email address.

Are there any other options that anyone can suggest?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

@mrosen wrote:

BTW: eDir *should* have alist of all possible addresses, not just the primary. The emailaddress attribute is multivalued, and Groupwise 2012 *should* update it with all allowed ones (but that's not guaranteed).

As you wrote "multivalued" you got me revisiting my ldapsearch from my OP.  It definitely only shows the primary email address.  But looking further through the output, nicknames are included as well - so there is the proof of multivalued....  Just not the user's additional email addresses of the other three internet domains or permutations of Allowed Address Formats.

After checking Groupwise System I see there is an option that looks useful!!...

Groupwise System Operations - Internet Addressing - Publish to eDirectory tab

Ours is set to "Publish the Preferred Email address only"

the option I need is -  For each Internet Domain: "Publish all allowed addresses"  🎉 🍺

"Publish Nickname addresses" is already enabled

The only thing missing may be the distribution group email addresses, of which there aren't many.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

So you are accessing GroupWise administration with ConsoleOne.There is a utility which is based on good old nwadmin. This utility can export and import a lot. Search for gwport32.exe and use it!

My brains are weak - did ConsoleOne contain a feature to go for all "Gateway Aliases"?

Diethmar Rimser
This community is more powerful if you use Likes and Solutions
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@Jesus 

Disclaimer --> it's been years since I worked on GroupWise 2012.

If you have a system with multiple iDomains, the user will still have a default one set at the GWIA/Domain/PostOffice/User level --> that iDomain will be their primary email address.  That is what they will be "sending" from.  All other "available" email addresses is what they could possibly receive on.  Same with a custom email address... that will be their primary email address.  So the only thing that I see as being relevant in any system clean up is identifying what each user's primary email address is as that is what is really being used.

So, I'm not sure why you would want to identify anything further than the primary email address.

Cheers,

Laura

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

@laurabuckley , actually, there is a potential reason: The users can be restricted to just one possible email address/domain vs all allowed.

And of course, in a system with multiple POs, each PO may have different settings.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@mrosen  As far as I am aware, at the end of the day, the user only has one "Preferred Email Address" and that is used as their primary email address.

Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

@laurabuckley 
Yes, but he wants a list of *all* allowed email Adresses of the users, and that can vary.

BTW: eDir *should* have alist of all possible addresses, not just the primary. The emailaddress attribute is multivalued, and Groupwise 2012 *should* update it with all allowed ones (but that's not guaranteed).

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
Commodore
Commodore

I'm struggling with the same issue.

the groupwise api seems to be the way to go. There is an option to get all attributes for a user.

Here is a link to an api guide. https://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise18/gwsdk_admin_rest_api/data/b15roopj.html

But i just don't have the time to dedicate to work out how the heck to use the json stuff i've logged into the api admin page not sure if it's literally type that in within it.

GET https://localhost:9710/gwadmin-service/diagnostics/object/USER.testDom1.testPO1.testUser1

Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

@Rimser 

Google revealed this utility as far back as 2002!

I also just realised that it is a .exe so I'd need to install ConsoleOne on Windows.  This site has Groupwise running on linux.

A TID here from 2003 gives instructions on how to use it.  I'll delve further with it if necessary.

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

@laurabuckley wrote:

[...] So the only thing that I see as being relevant in any system clean up is identifying what each user's primary email address is as that is what is really being used.

So, I'm not sure why you would want to identify anything further than the primary email address.

Cheers,

Laura

@laurabuckley 

The email address list will be used as part of anti-spam measures, so that Groupwise won't even see email that doesn't have a valid email address, as opposed to just valid domains.  Prior to this we want to review all the email addresses, including nicknames, and distribution lists, and see what can be removed.

--

Gordon

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

@mrosen wrote:

As you wrote "multivalued" you got me revisiting my ldapsearch from my OP.  It definitely only shows the primary email address.  But looking further through the output, nicknames are included as well - so there is the proof of multivalued....  Just not the user's additional email addresses of the other three internet domains or permutations of Allowed Address Formats.

After checking Groupwise System I see there is an option that looks useful!!...

Groupwise System Operations - Internet Addressing - Publish to eDirectory tab

Ours is set to "Publish the Preferred Email address only"

the option I need is -  For each Internet Domain: "Publish all allowed addresses"  🎉 🍺

"Publish Nickname addresses" is already enabled

The only thing missing may be the distribution group email addresses, of which there aren't many.

View solution in original post

Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

@Jesus wrote:

This updated eDir immediately and now ALL EMAIL ADDRESSES are listed in ConsoleOne AND ldapsearch!

I'll just work out the objectClass name for Distribution lists and the list will be complete.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@Jesus Hi Gordon --> thank you for the explaination.  Now I understand.

Laura Buckley

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.