ALERT! The community will be read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Commodore
Commodore

External Addresses within Address Book Issue

Jump to solution

I needed to add external email addresses to our system address book and distribution lists.  I followed the following video posted on youtube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRE__3RD170&t=183s, by @laurabuckley .  This was a few days ago.  I've since found out that after these changes when third party applications try to relay emails to those domains via gwia fail to be sent.  I checked one of the examples I was given in the gwia logs and found the following error:  Receipient Unknown.  Does anyone know what I might have setup incorrectly?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

@jesullivan 

Please try it in this way. 

Remove foreign internet domains from internet addressing if you have added some.

In my example I do not adjust internet addressing at domain or post office level. I change my external users directly. See the next screen shot:
external.JPG

Diethmar Rimser
This community is more powerful if you use Likes and Solutions

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Knowledge Partner

Hmm, that's a hard nut to crack I think.

Laura's solution is working with GroupWise address books but relaying via GWIA is a very different functionality. Do you have any other relay host around you? I.e. Secure Message Gateway?

Diethmar Rimser
0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Rimser,

No we don't have another relay host unfortunately. There must be a way to add external emails without breaking the relay to those domains.  I must have set this up wrong I just not sure how.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

@jesullivan wrote:

There must be a way to add external emails without breaking the relay to those domains.  I must have set this up wrong I just not sure how.

I just watched the video. I don't entirely understand how this works.

The video doesn't explain how the email with the external email domain gets routed through the system. After thinking about it for a while, I am under the impression that an external domain needs to be created for every actual domain to which external recipients belong and users have to be created for each user that is to be included in the GroupWise address book.

Is that your understanding as well?

_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

@jesullivan 

Please try it in this way. 

Remove foreign internet domains from internet addressing if you have added some.

In my example I do not adjust internet addressing at domain or post office level. I change my external users directly. See the next screen shot:
external.JPG

Diethmar Rimser

View solution in original post

Commodore
Commodore

Rimser,

I've made those changes and will let you know how it goes.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

KBoyle,

That's how I understood it.  If Rimser's suggestion works though then you don't have to setup external domains at all within Internet Addressing.  Instead it's all setup at the external user level.

Thanks

Jeremy

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

The problem is that if you add foreign internet domains to your internet addressing schema then GWIA tries to resolve those addresses by itself which causes your problems ...

Diethmar Rimser
0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Rimser,

Makes sense.  I confirmed that the relay is working now and external users are still available within the system address book.  Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.