jfeyen
New Member.

Fetching attachement on smartphone failes via gmail app

Hi,

Normally we use the native email app on our samsungs phones (A3 2016, A3 2017, A5 2016, A5 2017) to connect to the GMS server.
It works fine for all phones.

However since some time it is possible to use the gmail app for exchange accounts.
It works fine however we found out that attachements cannot be downloaded:
Fetching attachment... test.xlsx 0% -> and it keeps for that status and never gets downloaded.

However via the standard native mail app the attachment downloading works fine.

SLES11SP4
Version: 14.2.2 Build: 145

Can somebody verify to have the same issue with gmail app and attachments.

Kr,

Joeri
Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Fetching attachement on smartphone failes via gmail app

Hi Joeri,

I recommend you disable the Google WebViewer application on the device.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
jfeyen
New Member.

Hi Laura,

Settings - Apps - All apps -> Android System WebView -> its disabled by default.

So I cannot change anything on that ...

Can you make a test on your device with gmail?

Kr,

Joeri
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Joeri,

I'm not currently able to do a test for you.

Suggest you check the permissions of the gmail app and ensure it's permitted to access Storage.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
jfeyen
New Member.

laurabuckley;2475712 wrote:
Hi Joeri,

I'm not currently able to do a test for you.

Suggest you check the permissions of the gmail app and ensure it's permitted to access Storage.

Cheers,

Hi Laura,

I confirm, it has access to Calendar, Contacts, Storage.

kr,

Joeri
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Joeri,

Thank you for confirming that. I assume you've tested the download of attachments while on WiFi?

Are your GMS logs in DEBUG mode? What do you see in the mobility-agent.log file when you are trying to download the attachment?

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.