Conz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Few monitor questions

I just started to look in to tinkering with GW monitor on 2014 after never really having bothered with it and running into a few minor issues that I'd like to confirm if they are normal or not.

I created a special Monitor external GroupWise domain with an external POA in it and a user to receive the GWIA accounting data.
I set up my own account to forward these accounting emails to this external user and the file gets processed OK, its just that the relayed e-mail keeps an unread (under way) status in my sent items.
Is this normal ? Also wouldn't it be better to just add the external user as a gateway administrator to the GWIA ?

I'm slightly worried that it will keep the accounting emails in some sort of hold folder on the server which will slowly fill up.

Second thing, I made another external GW domain for the performance testing as specified in the documentation, I can't select the monitor domain for that for some reason.
If I select this domain for performance testing nothing will happen but if I select the production domain then it starts to work ?
Is this a documentation error or did I make a logic error somewhere and this extra performance test domain isn't actually needed ?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Few monitor questions

Conz,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:

- Visit http://www.novell.com/support and search the knowledgebase and/or check all
the other self support options and support programs available.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the
correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies
and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Forums Team
http://forums.novell.com

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Sorry for the slow response. Typically I don't use this feature of GroupWise Monitor, but then I've got relatively small systems and have other means of reporting.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Conz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

laurabuckley;2343247 wrote:
Hi,

Sorry for the slow response. Typically I don't use this feature of GroupWise Monitor, but then I've got relatively small systems and have other means of reporting.

Cheers,

I got sidetracked over the holidays so I'm even slower 🙂

I never used the monitor either but I started tinkering with it after a complaint of 'I should have gotten an external email and I didn't get it'. I could see on our anti spam gateway that the mail had been received and was handed over to GW but what happens with an e-mail after the GWIA gets it can be a bit of a mystery..

Almost positive the user accidentally threw it away unknowingly but it never hurts to be able to point a finger 🙂
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

I use monitor, with defined thresholds for notification purposes, I just don't do the external domain thing!

To correlate an e-mail delivery take a look at the POA logs (I normally leave mine in verbose mode) and you should see the e-mail being handed off from the MTA, which receives it from the GWIA, to the Post Office. It will show sender and recipient and the delivery to the said person's mailbox. If the person has blacklisted the address then you will see that in the logs and the report that the mail has been discarded.

Hope that helps you a little 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.