Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Folder expand automatically

Hey there,

i've got a Problem with a User which reported that all of his Folders (that he created) expand automatically several times through out the day.
The groupwise Client shortly flashes and after that all Folders and subfolders are expanded.
Any ideas on that phenomenon?

Thanks in advance for your help 🙂

Martin
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Folder expand automatically

Hi Martin,

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for your question.

Whilst I have never personally encountered such a thing happening I have a few suggestions:

Firstly, if you haven't done so already, upgrade to SP2 of the GroupWise 2014 client.

Get the user to login to GroupWise on a different workstation and observe if they have the same behavior of their GroupWise client. If the problem follows the user it may be worth your while running GWCheck against the user database with the "Reset Client Options" option selected - warning, this will remove any/all customization that the user has done to their GroupWise client. Having said that this often kicks things out of the woodwork.

Thirdly, double-check that this are no viruses/malware lurking on the workstation.

Please let us know how it goes and we will continue to assist you as much as possible.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Laura,

thanks for your reply!

I will check all of your suggestions. Is it possible to run the sp2 Client without having upgraded the Server?
We wanted to wait until rc2 and update in the Holidays between the years.

Martin
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Martin,

Yes it is possible to run the SP2 client without upgrading the server 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.