tcsabina Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Folder view collapsed

This is a 8.0.3HP5 client on Windows10.
When I start my client, the folder view is always collapsed. I can double click on it to make it expand, which is working fine. But every time I start the client, the folder view is always in a collapsed state.
And even if I leave the client running, after a while (not sure how much time should be spent), the folder view will collapse again.

This is happening on Windows8 PCs as well.

Is this a know bug? Shall I file in an SR?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Folder view collapsed

Hi,

This is a known issue as far as my memory serves me. Just note, however, that the GroupWise 8 client is not supported on these operating systems. This issue was resolved in GroupWise 2014.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

tcsabina;2413275 wrote:
This is a 8.0.3HP5 client on Windows10.
When I start my client, the folder view is always collapsed. I can double click on it to make it expand, which is working fine. But every time I start the client, the folder view is always in a collapsed state.
And even if I leave the client running, after a while (not sure how much time should be spent), the folder view will collapse again.

This is happening on Windows8 PCs as well.

Is this a know bug? Shall I file in an SR?

Since this is GW8 which have been out of support for a long time you will not get any help from support other than upgrade GW to a supported version, if the problem exists in the newest version of GW then they can help you.

But I'm happy to hear that GW8 runs on W10 😉

Thomas
MarkDissington Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

With GroupWise 8 out of Extended Support since the end of last year I doubt you'll get anything back on this. Windows 10 is certainly not supported for the client and I doubt Windows 8 was either for GW8. If you have current upgrade maintenance then upgrading to 2012/2014/2014R2 is your best bet and then check the behaviour of the new client. But IIRC Windows 10 is still not on the supported client list even for 2014R2

Mark.
tcsabina Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the fast responses!
Unfortunately the decision to upgrade to GW 20xx is not mine, so I have to live with the current installation, and with this annoying collapse ;).
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.