Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Formatting Issue with HTML Messages

I have a user complaining about a formatting issue with his outgoing HTML formatted messages. When he makes the message it is created in roughly the following format:

Greeting
[blank line]
Paragraph
[blank line]
Thank you

What he sees in his sent items and the internal recipient receives (I'm not sure about external recipients) is the following:

Greeting
Paragraph
Thank You

All of the white space gets removed when he is clicking Send. This is not happening with Plain Text... which the user is refusing to use. Any ideas as to why this is happening or what can be done to resolve it? I'm running GW 2014 R2 on the server and a mix of GW 2014 SP2 and 2014 R2 for clients and am seeing the same issue on both versions of the client. Thank you
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Formatting Issue with HTML Messages

On Fri, 18 Mar 2016 15:16:02 GMT, marklar23
<marklar23@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:

>
>I have a user complaining about a formatting issue with his outgoing
>HTML formatted messages. When he makes the message it is created in
>roughly the following format:
>
>Greeting
>[blank line]
>Paragraph
>[blank line]
>Thank you
>
>What he sees in his sent items and the internal recipient receives (I'm
>not sure about external recipients) is the following:
>
>Greeting
>Paragraph
>Thank You
>
>All of the white space gets removed when he is clicking Send. This is
>not happening with Plain Text... which the user is refusing to use. Any
>ideas as to why this is happening or what can be done to resolve it?
>I'm running GW 2014 R2 on the server and a mix of GW 2014 SP2 and 2014
>R2 for clients and am seeing the same issue on both versions of the
>client. Thank you

I'm running 2014 R2 and not seeing that here. Is the editor on his
client set to something other than GroupWise? I thought I heard at
one point that IE was used to render the HTML (I may be wrong on
that). So maybe a bug or version issue with IE? But just in case,
we're running the latest IE here.

Ken
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements in the Idea Exchange forums within this community!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Further to what Ken has said... is there only one user/customer who's outgoing mail resultls in the incorrect formatting? We need to narrow down if this is user specific or a system wide issue.

Personally, I have not observed this issue, I don't discount it, I've just not seen it before. I am sure though that we'll manage to figure something out for you.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Right now I only have a single user complaining about it but I have seen it in the past. Unfortunately I'm currently stuck with using IE9 due to a proprietary database interface that we are using but we are hoping to update at some point in the next few months. The others that I've had experience this issue were able to switch to Plain Text without any issue, but this one user is being stubborn and has to use HTML even though he isn't using any actual HTML formatting in his messages.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

There are few things to try. First and foremost is get the user to login to GroupWise on a different workstation and see if the problem follows. Please try this and let us know - thanks.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.