Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Forwarding Mail from resource

Hi everybody,

I was recently shown the following problem :
A user is accessing the mailbox of a resource as a proxy to forward mail to several colleagues. If the composed email is not send immediately and stays open for 30 seconds, GroupWise will AutoSave the mail and create files (c:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Novell\GroupWise\) beginning with GWItemSave. That is working as designed, but these files will never be deleted automatically, so in my case there were already several dozens of files. If you proxy into a users mailbox, those files are deleted.
I 've already searched the forum without success, but I probably missed something.
Thanks in advance for your replys.

Stefan
Labels (2)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Forwarding Mail from resource

lkhildesheim,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:

- Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/or check all
the other self support options and support programs available.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the
correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies
and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://forums.novell.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Stefan,

why is this a problem for you?

Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Uwe,

thanks for your reply. It became a problem, when the users machine had only some Kb left on the system partition and the AV-Updates and print jobs failed. When searching for the used space, we found all of these left files. This was the first case in our environment, but no other colleague is forwarding so many Mails from a resource. The machine where it happened has been in use for some years, set up with only a small partition. I was also wondering, why it happens only when forwarding mails from a resource, but not from a users mailbox. If there is no other way, we will provide a little script to the colleague to clean up this directory.

Stefan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Stefan,

the the disk is too small, anyways 🙂

I cannot duplicate the issue with 2012 here. Are you on the latest GW8 client?

Uwe

--
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hello Uwe,

we are on GW 8.0.3 HP 1, not really the latest GW 8 version.

Stefan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

* lkhildesheim wrote, On 06/06/2013 12:06 PM:
> we are on GW 8.0.3 HP 1, not really the latest GW 8 version.

Please test with the latest version, if necessary I'd open an SR with Novell. But I seriously doubt it's worth the effort.

Uwe

--
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hello Uwe,

sorry for my late response.
I have updated our system to 8.0.3 HP 3 and just tested with that client version, but there is no effect .
I don't think that it is necessary to open a SR, we will create a little script to clean up this directory.

Thanks to you.

Stefan
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.